New Maglite headlamp coming soon

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an e-mail from Maglite stating a headlamp should be out by next year.

Take it for what it is worth since Mag is promising alot of things right now (led solitaire, rechargeable minimag,brighter minimag, etc....)

Thought I share

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody have word on this? its supposed to be released this summer

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
hopefully it'll be like their flashlights... where we can take out the guts and add things that are actually awesome :D

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
hopefully it'll be like their flashlights... where we can take out the guts and add things that are actually awesome :D

Thats what I am hoping, with a decent aluminum body like the rest of their lineup

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about time they did something innovative. I can only wait and hope. I'll be very happy if they release an all aluminum headlamp with decent heatsinking and a modern emitter.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hopefully :rolleyes:
1) the battery case is housed with the bulb module
2) uses 2AA
3) splashproof at least
4) focusable beam & at least dual output
5) all metal like all the regular Maglite :naughty:
6) affordably priced
7) able to candle mode

an all metal clad headlamp makes sense, especially heatsinking.

SilentK

Enlightened
Watch them put out something that just blows everything else away. where they just waited over a decade to claim the title of ultimate flashlight maker. make us stop dead in our tracks and take a minute to think what just happened.

Illum

Flashaholic
Watch them put out something that just blows everything else away. where they just waited over a decade to claim the title of ultimate flashlight maker. make us stop dead in our tracks and take a minute to think what just happened.

like swapping rebel 060s for 0100s?
slap a smooth reflector and a polycarb window on the bezel and mount the LED on a delrin pedestal?

I'm with Marduke on this one:whistle:

SilentK

Enlightened
like swapping rebel 060s for 0100s?
slap a smooth reflector and a polycarb window on the bezel and mount the LED on a delrin pedestal?

I'm with Marduke on this one:whistle:

i am just dreaming. i know nothing like that would happen. i bet it is going to similar to the energizer healamps. 3 AAA form factor. 6 leds.