I just bought this light at Walmart - can someone provide info?

lightwave1209

Newly Enlightened
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00111DKN6/?tag=cpf0b6-20

It is the Energizer rechargeable 3-watt LED light with the two lens caps - red and green. Also comes with wall and car charger.

Normally priced at $47, it was marked down to $25 today, so I took it home.

But I have not been able to find reviews of this light. Can someone help me out?

I also got a Brinkmann 2D 3-watt LED since that was marked down from $20 to $15, and finally the Sportsman Extreme 1-watt headlight for $9 (instead of $19). Again, info?

They have a lot of the Sportsman Extreme 1-watt 2AA LEDs left. They are now $9. If anyone would like one, I can buy for you and ship it to you. All you have to pay me is $10 total for the cost of the light and shipping.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't say what LED it is, so I assume it's either a Luxeon or a Luxeon knockoff, not a current-gen emitter.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
The rechargeable is an OK light. There were a few posts on it when it came out a year or two ago. The red filter is more like orange though. I used mine for a while, now it hardly ever gets used.

Roger

arioch

Enlightened
Curious on what information you would want from a review of the lights, as you already have them in your possession.

As far as the Energizer 3W rechargeable, I bought one when they were first offered at Walmart (@ $55!!!) about a year or so ago, and it was unspectacular brightness-wise even back then. I recall being somewhat disappointed because of the cost. Reverse clicky was a turn off too.

$25 is not a terrible deal (as opposed to, say, $55!!! :)), but for the money if you are in Walmart, you might want to try one of those new Coleman Cree lights that have shown up recently.

mdocod

Flashaholic
The sportman extreme is a very well known and great little headlamp. It uses a 1W Luxeon emitter, nothing too special, but the fact that it is compact and built pretty well and runs on a single AA cell and has a reliable defuser lens makes it a popular choice of "beater" headlamp. At $9 I'd buy 2!!! Great find there!

At $25, the 3W rechargeable energizer isn't a bad deal, I'd never pay the regular asking price for it personally, but for what you payed, you certainly have your moneys worth in a decent little light, it may not have the latest and greatest in LED tech, but maybe you could swap a P4 into it and make it something great :)

I don't know about the brinkman 2D, I think I would have taken that $15 dollars and put it towards the purchase of a mag, and then modify it later on :)

I give your overall purchase 2 out of 3 stars!! not bad eh!

lol. Nice finds, I'm going to have to check my local wallmarts for that sportsman extreme at $9, I could use a few more headlamps around here!

Eric

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
I grabbed one of the Engergizer 2AA 1watts for $9 at the local wally world for my mom to use. For the price it has a very nice tint and the packaging says that it is regulated too. Nice that it comes with lanyard, pocket clip and and extra o-ring too! Popped a couple of lithium AA in it and sent mom happily on her way. I should have bought 3 of them.