After a long Hiatus BWCAW is back!

bwcaw

Enlightened
I just got my old username back up and running after a couple of years away from CPF. So much has happened in the last two years in the flashlight world its just mind blowing! When i left the Luxeon ruled, now a new led (which i have no clue as of yet about) called the cree is now top dog. New companies such as fenix are all the rage and top quality lights are cheaper and more available than ever. LED lights were putting out around 60 lumens when i left CPF, now they are in the realm of 200+ and those lights are available for under a hundred dollars now. Its really incredible how much technology has changed!

What pushed me away from CPF was several new hobbies which took up most of my time and didn't really relate to flashlights at all. However with my new job in law enforcement i have a newfound practical interest in flashlights for the simple reason that i work at night, in all sorts of weather conditions and a good flashlight can mean the difference between a good night and a very bad one. Im excited to see what the future holds in the flashlight world and get to know the new members of CPF as well as get to talk to the old ones too!

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Welcome back and you are correct to say so much has changed. Incredible how fast this interest we share is moving forward. While much has changed much is the same in that we are still a bunch of flashlight people doing what flashlight people do....enjoying lights.....and there is plenty of new stuff to enjoy as well as the classics.

Eye of Unk

Newly Enlightened
CPF is just like the old saying, "The more things change the more it remains the same" or something like that.

I rarely post anymore and very few remember me from years ago.

Nowadays mostly I see poor "engrish" posters asking for technical aspects on designs that is somewhat irritating to me, so I don't bother posting knowing its just a forum for some Chinese corporation to make their big money, myself I have been called a James Bond "Q" because I build automotive LED, laser and HID mods.

bwcaw

Enlightened
Eye, i too have noticed there are some wierd CPF'ers now who don't seem to be end users. Thats too bad but i guess if it gets us lights like Fenix and Nitecore then its a price we must pay.