SureFire and Fenix parcels arrived today!!! (small review)

Ctrain

Enlightened
Hey,

This isn't exactly a comprehensive review by any means but just a quick overview that may entice some people or help a few newbies!

About 2 weeks ago I ordered a couple of lights from Fenix Store (Great to deal with by the way) and a SF Back-up off eBay... annnnd They came today.

My only real issue is my girlfriend picked them up from the post office cos I'm laid up with a knee reconstruction:scowl:
aaaaand she didn't believe me that the 1 light I ordered came with 2 free bonus lights (should've thought that one through a little better huh?):whistle:

Firstly...
TK10-HA
Very nice sturdy light... Like the idea of it as a general use with the 60Lumens for 10 hours. The build doesn't feel like SF quality but its still really solid and well build... Really cant Fault it! I think the lumen ratings are slightly over rated but geez it produces a flawless beam of shining white light.... having owned at one stage most of the SF collection I still think this is a Great light and great Value for money!

P1D Q5
WOW this thing packs a punch! Great little thing... not quite surefire quality but still for a little unit has loads of power! so light weight great for EDC as a detachable keyring. And an excellent assortment of 5 light functions... Extremely bright for its size! Turbo mode is great... and again a beautiful flawless white floody beam! I honestly think this is a must!

SF Back-Up
HOLY CRAP WOW!!!! That things throws and throws and throws!!!! oh and throws! really under rated in lumens i feel... nearly as bright as the TK (225) and throws as far if not further, I guess it just seems that way as its a spot not a flood... This is honestly the best value for money light I have ever purchased! Cant wait to get my hands on an E2DL

Anyways... I know thers loads of Sf v Fenix threads and honestly yeh, SF are the rolls royce... but If I had a rolls I would want to take it out of the garage everyday... I'd still like to fang around in a jeep... (hope you get what I'm saying here) ... as a SF nut i would still probably buy more fenix lights at some stage... especially as presents and the free postage helps too!

Anyways... Hope this helps someone!!!!!!

Cheers Guys!
Clint

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I do not think that the E1B produces about 200lm ... it is this dammed cool optics that concentrates all the light in the spot and the narrow and quickly fading spill - thus not loosing precious photons in a large and inefficient sidespill - which makes the E1B throw like hell and seemingly brighter than other lights.

I love that optic.

Same goes for my E2DL vs the KL5A ... should be about the same flux, on the white wall the KL5A seems to have more flux ... but outside, the optic of the E2DL destroys the KL5A in every aspect except close quarters where the spill of the KL5A can be put to use.

Add to that the fact that Fenix overestimates their luminous flux as they present estimated emitter lumens and not actual flux measurements, you can then guesstimate the true output of all those lights you have.

bernie

Ctrain

Enlightened
Yeh totally agree... when i first turned them on inside (wall test lol) i thought wow the fenix nearly kills the Backup... but outside its a whole different story...:popcorn:
So I guess if your into wall spotting go the fenix :shrug:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i keep seeing that this e1b has tons of throw, cant find an outdoor beamshot...im intrigued, i have a O-light T25 with over 5000 lux according to reviews and this t25 has a pretty tight spot and throws pretty good, im wondering what kinda throw this e1b has...reason i ask his how it would compare to my frankenstein T25/P2D :faint:

Last edited:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like the E1B you will love the E2DL. I could do without the sharp crenellations but love the light.

Bill