Can I get a Brass 2xAAA Minimag?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I have always loved the 2x AAA Minimag light and was wondering if a Brass version was ever produced. I did a quick search and only found 2xAA Brass Minimags:sigh:. If they ever made one does anyone know where I could find one to buy? I would really be interested:twothumbs. I don't care if It's anodized or what ever as long as it is made of brass. Thanks.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Ok I have always loved the 2x AAA Minimag light and was wondering if a Brass version was ever produced. I did a quick search and only found 2xAA Brass Minimags:sigh:. If they ever made one does anyone know where I could find one to buy? I would really be interested:twothumbs. I don't care if It's anodized or what ever as long as it is made of brass. Thanks.
Brass 2AA minimags? Never heard of one of those. Could you please point me to the source/info? The only "brass" ones I know of are the ones that are gold-plated.

In any case, I'm sure one of the machinists out here could make you one.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brass 2AA minimags? Never heard of one of those. Could you please point me to the source/info? The only "brass" ones I know of are the ones that are gold-plated.

In any case, I'm sure one of the machinists out here could make you one.

Exactly the gold plated brass ones, I wasn't sure if they had ever made a gold plated 2x AAA in brass. My train of thought was that if they made brass Mags to plate in gold that they released brass Mags without the gold plating. Though this is all on a hunch so I may be running down a dead end:(.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I think you misunderstood. The gold looking ones were aluminum. I don't think Mag has ever made any lights out of anything but aluminum.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years ago Target sold copper or copper colored mini mags and 2D, and the might have had a 2AAA as well. Those were often mistaken for brass.

Other than that check in the collectors section and/or do a search of that.

Edit: www.toolshop.de used to carry quite a variety of colors of mini-mags, but I don't see that range any longer. They were not cheap but they had a lot of choices. Oh, well...

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
The gold looking ones were aluminum. I don't think Mag has ever made any lights out of anything but aluminum.
There're two "gold" minimags:

The gold-plated 2AA minimag was a special run. They're machined out of brass and then gold plated. They're the "wholy grail" of minimag collectors.

The gold-anodized minimags are aluminum, but are not as rare or valuable as the gold-plated.

Juggernaut, that's a good train of thought. Maybe PM will, souptree, sizzlechest, or turbodog, they're the biggest minimag collectors on CPF and also collect the other sizes.

tricker

Enlightened
if it doesn't have to be a mini mag you could check eith peak led solutions as i'm sure they have a brass 2 aa something around

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a Peak LED Solutions "Fujiyama" in brass. It's a two AAA LED light available in several light colors and output levels. Go fast, though, because Peak recently discontinued their brass lights.