SF E series clarification

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so i just got a E1L and E2E.

The E1L came with a KL1. I put it on the E2E and it works. It seems it is the same brightness as the E1L.

Now if I get a KX1 what will happen if I use it on my E2E? Or do I HAVE to get a KX2?

Also how does the KX dual output work? How to you switch from HO to LO? or is the dual output like the P60L lamp, where it dims after a while from tactical to general usage brightness?

Where can I get a C-E adapter to use C/P heads on an E-series head?

Can some one suggest what other options I have? I want to make my E1L as bright as possible. I know of upgrades for SF that use P60 lamps. but know nothing about the Executive series.

Thanks

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
DO NOT use the KX1 on an E2e body!!!

The 2-stages of the KX2 are accessed by pressing the tailcap on and off...thats it.

A good mod for the E1L-KL1 is a Seoul and McR20S reflector. It makes the KL1 SOOO MUCH more useful!!!! It is very bright and the beam quality is 100% better than the optic...IMO

Almost every KL1 that I have come across has had this same mod done to it and worked GREAT!! and is easy to do!!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
DO NOT use the KX1 on an E2e body!!!

The 2-stages of the KX2 are accessed by pressing the tailcap on and off...thats it.

A good mod for the E1L-KL1 is a Seoul and McR20S reflector. It makes the KL1 SOOO MUCH more useful!!!! It is very bright and the beam quality is 100% better than the optic...IMO

Almost every KL1 that I have come across has had this same mod done to it and worked GREAT!! and is easy to do!!

But using the KL1 on the E2E is ok right? can you point me in the right direction of this KL1 mods?

Does anyone know the part number for the E1B pocket clip? I could swap that onto my E1L or E2E? right?

Also i noticed that the E2L has a longer clip than the E2E. anyone have the part number for that?

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using the KL1 on a 2 cell body is fine, just not the KX1.

I'll try to dig up some threads for the mod but it is quite simple.

1. Open the bezel
2. Desolder and pull the LUX III emitter
3. Solder in the new Seoul emitter-(thermal adhesive can be used here)
4. Cut about a 1/4" section out of the black plastic ring that holds the TIR optic
5. Squeeze the black ring together and place it inside the lower bezel
6. Install the McR20S reflector
7. Screw it all back together and its done.

As far as I know there are no part#s for the clips. and yes the E1B clip SHOULD fit you E1e or E2e bodies.

Last edited: