Need help, living far from flashlights!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I been lurking a lot, reading all your wonderfully informative posts and reviews of all the lights available here and i need your help.

Currently i own a jetbeam I (probably the very 1st one to come out), an Ultrafire C3 single mode with the 2 xAA extension tube, a Fenix E01 and a 3D Mag with a Maglite 3W LED drop in. I got 4x protected 14500, 900 mah batteries for my jetbeam.

I live in a flashlight deprived country (singapore) where i have access to mainly surefires (stock) and a good supplier for Fenix and one more for jetbeams.

I been hunting the site but cannot seem to find any 2 x 14500 lights, could some kind soul(s) enlighten me as to whether these lights exist?? I would go for an 18650 light but these would entail me carrying spares (which i dont mind) but in an emergency, it would be good to get lights which can use AAs as well as 14500s.

Thanks a lot guys!

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights normally use 14500s to avoid having to use more than one standard AA.

You might like the multimode Ultrafire C3, for instance (sku 12395 on DX): use it with one standard AA (NiMH or lithium, alkalines work but it's murder on them) and it's small but only feeds the LED one watt. If you use the 2AA adapter it's much brighter, feeding the LED three watts, but the size increases (you can also use two adapters, but you'll get no additional power - only more runtime).

But if you give it one 14500 it'll work at full power AND be small.

On a side note, your 14500s are nowhere near 900mah. Their capacity is always overstated; expect 500mah, 600 if they are good.

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
darn! no wonder the jet beam seems to just die off all of a sudden! will have to do a search for better 14500s then.

by the way (and pardon my ignorance on these issues), wouldn't using another AA adaptor (thereby making my C3 a 3xAA) overload the LED??

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
Hi guys,

I been lurking a lot, reading all your wonderfully informative posts and reviews of all the lights available here and i need your help.

Currently i own a jetbeam I (probably the very 1st one to come out), an Ultrafire C3 single mode with the 2 xAA extension tube, a Fenix E01 and a 3D Mag with a Maglite 3W LED drop in. I got 4x protected 14500, 900 mah batteries for my jetbeam.

I live in a flashlight deprived country (singapore) where i have access to mainly surefires (stock) and a good supplier for Fenix and one more for jetbeams.

I been hunting the site but cannot seem to find any 2 x 14500 lights, could some kind soul(s) enlighten me as to whether these lights exist?? I would go for an 18650 light but these would entail me carrying spares (which i dont mind) but in an emergency, it would be good to get lights which can use AAs as well as 14500s.

Thanks a lot guys!

Singapore is SOOOOO freeeaaking BRIGHT! Why in the world you need flashlights here for???

Joking :whistle: .... fellow Singaporean here....

Seriously, your best bet for getting flashlights would be right here on CPF, either off the BST or over at the CPFMP...

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, cos i go night fishing and the best spots are the darkest, least fished spots and sometimes we end up having to walk in pitch darkness

if you want a really dark place to play with your lights, drop me a PM and i'll point it out to you, its in the east and pitch black