Magled vs. Terralux?

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for some runtime info in a 4d maglite. I know the Terralux is brighter. What is the total runtime for the Magled vs. the terralux tle 6ex?

sabre7

Enlightened
There are huge amounts of info available on both already with the Google Search feature.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only post I could find list runtime till 50%. I'm looking for total runtime of both or at least till one of the batteries get to 1v.

sabre7

Enlightened
The Terralux runtime for the Mag 4D is 20 hours. I'm not sure what the MagLed runtime is. The longest runtime is with the NiteIze dropin, it is 110 hours, they are at Walmart for around $9.
Helpful chart and good deals on Terralux:
http://www.led-replacement.com/lumen.html

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The MagLED drop-in has a 43 hour runtime to 50%. Much of that is spent at around 55% of full output due to heat.

Batteryjunction's charts show 28 hours to 50% for the Terralux. The terralux has more heatsinking then the MagLED but still not a lot. The LED could oveheat but Luxeons seem to be pretty tough.

Runtime to 1V for the battery can be hard since every battery has to be monitored and it could take a while. I haven't seen runtimes based on battery voltage yet. Or at least I don't remember any.

sabre7

Enlightened
I would imagine a 4D Mag on any of the led dropins would continue to have usable output runtime at least twice to 3 times longer than the 50% mark too.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for some runtime info in a 4d maglite. I know the Terralux is brighter. What is the total runtime for the Magled vs. the terralux tle 6ex?

You know that's adjustable by changing a resistor in the MagLED circuit. So if it's a big deal to you, you can run LOTS of long tests at different brightness levels.

http://www.molalla.net/~leeper/maghur.htm

Last edited: