Where do you start?

rob1261

Newly Enlightened
First Post, a little background.

I have been shooting handguns for several years (Glock, S&W, etc). Have purchased some Knives (Benchmark).

But just recently realized I should have an LED tactical light. And as is with the above, you can't have just one.

So I made a fairly quick purchase of an off brand light (ebay), Palm Blaze 57K22L Luxeon 6W LED ($30).

I am very impressed with it. But I think it just started my curiosity into this new world.

I have a Surefire Catalog, very nice stuff, but expensive, unless convinced otherwise.

So as I look at the many various Flashlight options out there, how do you choose?

My current need is for General Purpose, Home Defense, and Car Emergency.

Thanks, rob1261

BigD64

Enlightened
Start here at the CPF Welcome Mat. Once you have it committed to memory good hunting;

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172991

Welcome to CPF hold onto your wallet.

BigD64

P.S. Don't dismiss Surefire as expensive their quality and warranty makes them worth the extra dough.

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
Surefire:

Very nice stuff? Agreed
Expensive? Agreed
Unless convinced otherwise? You will be :)

There are plenty of excellent choices for your needs, but you won't go wrong with a Surefire 6PL (the LED version), and you can then add a drop-in (replacement LED and reflector, more powerful or longer runtime) at your leisure if you feel it is needed.