Fenix P2D vs. Tenergy 900mAh R123

skunked

Newly Enlightened
Got a bit of an issue. I have started running my P2D with the rechargeable Tenergy 900mAh cells, the light gets rocket hot after maybe 10 min. ( running it on "turbo" ) and I think the cells are hitting thermal overload, it has not done this with any other cells. Am I doing something wrong here or are these cells really not what I should be using. I have not tried to recharge theses cells yet, think I have killed them?
Thanks

PS
Equal odds if I put this in this forum or the battery forum.

Marduke

Flashaholic
You are direct driving it above spec, so you should not run it more than 10 minutes.

A 3.7v RCR123 is not really supported for that light.

skunked

Newly Enlightened
I have run it a long time on the battery station 3.6v rechargeables and never had this issue. Likely I just didn't read the manual or product specs well enough. Do you think I have killed the cells?
Thanks

wild68fury

Newly Enlightened
A co-workers P2D just stopped working. He has been running the tenergy cells. We replaced the switch but it must be the head. When I recommended this light and battery to him, Everything I read said it would be ok. I run two tenery bats in my P3D, but it has a different circuit. So his light is going to get modded if I can get the darn head off. Where's that strap wrench? I would stop using the tenery cells for your light. My tenergy cells are 3.9-4.1 after a week of sitting in my drawer after being charged. Both of us purchaed the four 3.0 volt battery and charger kit. The cells should be fine. They should have a protection circuit built in.