Water Shoes

bitslammer

Enlightened
OK. Being a guy I'm not usually "excited" about shoes but a month or so ago I bought a pair of Columbia Aquatooth shoes.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NP5XK4/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I was looking around the web for something very breathable and quick drying to wear while working in the yard and doing light hiking. I wanted something easily cleaned and I thought what about shoes made for water.

Origionally I was looking at some Tevas on Zappos but saw that Zappos is a ripoff when it comes to pricing. So while wondering the mall at lunch I saw the Columbias at a shoe store for only $39.99! Crappos wanted $75 + shipping.

I like these so much and I figured that was too nice to pass up so 2 months later I went back and grabbed 2 more pairs. They seem to hold up so that should last me a long while. They run small so I got 10s instead of 9.5s. They are feather light, extremely breathable, dry out in minutes and are one of the most comfortabel summer shoes I've owned.

So anyone else have anything like these and what's your experience?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hmm, nice shoes.... Too bad we don't have them here, so I could try them on. :(

I noticed the width is medium, would you say that is accurate, or are they under- or overestimating the width?

Being used to cloggs... :p :crackup:

bitslammer

Enlightened
Hmm, nice shoes.... Too bad we don't have them here, so I could try them on. :(

I noticed the width is medium, would you say that is accurate, or are they under- or overestimating the width?

Being used to cloggs... :p :crackup:

They seem somewhat narrow as well as being 1/2 size smaller. Being mostly synthetic I'm not sure they would stretch either. I don't mind a snug fit for hiking and I get that with these. Snug but not tight or uncomfortable.

bitslammer

Enlightened

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK....;)

While these are nice in water as you say they are not very comfy out of it...

Though quite allright on shorter walks....

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW..

Tried KEEN....?

I have a couple of those and been swimming aswell as taking doggywalks in the forests around here...!!

Thay are allright aswell and keep your toes very protected against branches and stones......:caution:

shakeylegs

Enlightened

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
lumafist, how have the fivefingers held up? I've been eyeing them for backpacking - river crossings and camp shoes. You mention that they are not comfortable out of the water. Can you explain?

Sorry, a bit hasty written by me..
They are not uncomfy..
They feel more like walking barefeet without the cushioning of a real sole....

And being Vibram, they seem to hold up this long...:popcorn:

That makes some sense I hope....;)

B@rt

Flashaholic
Being coldblooded I need some insulation,:grin2: I'm thinking about getting the Flows...:sssh:

How would you say the sizing is? Pretty accurate? :thanks:

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being coldblooded I need some insulation,:grin2: I'm thinking about getting the Flows...:sssh:

How would you say the sizing is? Pretty accurate? :thanks:

Oh, sorry there Bart I missunderstood your post...

Pm replied..:party:

IcantC

Enlightened
Haha @ ^

I might get the Flow or KSO. Will go try them out this weekend if I have time. Sadly I always need to run a lot :/.

Latest posts