WG tint removed from M60's on Malkoff site?

dano101

Enlightened
Im constantly skulking around Gene's site and noticed (and pardon me if this was mentioned before somewhere else) that Gene no longer labels his M60's (and others such as M60L, M60LL etc) as having a WG tint.

I remember them being labeled as Cree XRE 7090 Q5 WG tint. Now except for the M60F's the entire M60 line is labelled as just Cree XRE 7090 Q5.

Dont get me wrong... I own and have purchased from Gene and B/S/T some 7 or 8 M60's and love them all... I just hope this does not mean some potential Cree Lottery issues with the M60 line when they are labeled just Q5 instead of the Q5 WG.

Dano

zven

Enlightened
Well how interesting. I remember all the models being labeled with the WG as well, but now only the M60F and M60LF seem to have it. I wonder if that's because Gene is starting not to use the WG tint, or if it just got accidentally left out in a rewrite of the descriptions.

That said, I've noticed tint variation in the two drop-ins I've bought from Gene. Both are pleasing tints, but my M60LF looks slightly green compared to my M60, and the M60 looks vaguely pink when compared to the M60LF. (And I must say, the M60 tint is probably the best of any LED I've ever seen, and perhaps even more pleasing than any incandescent I've used.)

dano101

Enlightened
ive noticed a a bit of tint difference too in my 2 newest ones. they happened to be the q5's with the silver backing. out of the 7 or 8 ive had, they have the best beam out of any ive ever owned, but the colour does seem a bit off

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
Just got M60L. LOVE IT. But a bit surprised because it is not as warm a tint as I felt it was described as by others in reviews on CPF. Still plenty warm- unlike my SF cree products, (6pled and l1cree) which are both very purple- with the 6p being so much so that it is almost objectionable.

Now, in my 6p, I would call this my favorite light out of the 50+ that I own. Just a little different than I was expecting. It will be interesting to find out if this is a change for him or not.

Gene43

Enlightened
I have found that when Crees are ordered by the reel the tint cannot be specified. You can only order a tint range. That is why I dropped the specific WG tint. I specify nothing cooler than WC but have to be willing to accept WC's to purchase the product. Its just the way the system works.

Thanks, Gene