Momma lion defends cubs from moron

o0o

Enlightened
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...4&title=Hiker_attacked_after_petting_lion_cub

This genious decided to pet wild mountain lion cubs in front of momma cat.

Momma lion didn't take this too kindly, and gave the guy a good swipe with her claws.

He was lucky that it appeared to be a warning attack. If Momma lion really wanted to hurt him, she would have used her jaws and clamped down.

I'm guessing that common sense does not run in his family. Glad he is okay with only minor scratches though.

Discussion here:

http://forums.pressdemocrat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3601086917/m/8691045647

Can we nominate him for an honorary Darwin mention?

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I read the article. I would leave the cats alone. He, in effect, attacked the cub. My thought.

Bill

I can't leave this alone, I just have to make one more comment. That touchy/feely (sic?) guy has no common sense, or life preservation(his) skills.

Bill

Last edited:

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so who left the first comment at the bottom of the story? Was it you, oOo? If not, with a screen name of "surefirel2," it's got to be another CPF member.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
And now we see the native moron as he attempts to commune with nature. Let's watch....

Amazing. What you have just witnessed is a rarity for the moron species. This one actually survived, in spite of his total lack of common sense.

Fascinating....

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this instance I think they need to put down the MORON and leave Momma and cubs be.

IcantC

Enlightened
I just hope they do not put down the mom or her cubs. She did what any mother would have done if some strange creepo toucher her kids. She could have killed him, but no she just defended.

Also for all we know, he did something else. No way to verify his story unless the lion talks to us :D.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just hope they do not put down the mom or her cubs. She did what any mother would have done if some strange creepo toucher her kids. She could have killed him, but no she just defended.

Also for all we know, he did something else. No way to verify his story unless the lion talks to us :D.

Even if he did nothing else, that was enough. I mean, you wouldn't walk up to a mom in a park having lunch with her kids; and then try to pet one of them on the head without mom's permission.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just hope they do not put down the mom or her cubs. .

I was glad to see, unlike what you would normally expect, they aren't necessarily planning to put her down. At the bottom of the story:
While mountain lions that have contact with humans "are generally put down," Amormino said he has contacted a San Diego wildlife sanctuary that has agreed to take the lion and her cubs if they can be tranquilized and caught.

I think by the time the internet (and probably radio morning shows) are done with him he will be well chastised.

o0o

Enlightened
Definitely the guy is a moron.

Maybe it was a bobcat and the hiker didn't want to look like a wussy from being attacked and scared off by a 25 pount cat?

Here is what we know from that article that sandbasser posted:

1. He got scratched and bled enough to get noticed
2. Experts say it is not wounds consistent with a mountain lion.

Could it be he tried to pet a wild bobcat kitten, or even a wild house cat kitten, and then mommy cat worked him over?

He was too [FONT=&quot]embarrassed [/FONT] to admit that a small cat beat the snot out of him, and made up the story that it was a mountain lion?

The latest:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl.../1034/news&title=Hiker_reports_attack_by_lion

If this is in fact a false police report, they need to arrest this idiot and charge him with filing false reports. This took up a lot of LE resources, which could have been used on actual crimes.

Last edited:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was actually there hiking/running a few weeks ago too.

Eh, I took a better look at the map. I used to live around there a long time ago (up the hill on Bake pkwy). Seems unlikely. I think a mama lion would probably avoid a populated area like Foothill Ranch.

As a side note aren't HPI and Team Associated based in the Foothill, lake forest area? It's like RC HEAVEN!:naughty:

Last edited: