• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Reflectors for Maglite???

Geminidan

Newly Enlightened
Where can I buy custom non plastic reflectors for 2-3 D maglites with Malkoffs, these need to be cut down leaving an 1/8 Lip???? tx Dan:confused::confused:

donn_

Flashaholic
In my opinion, there's little to gain using a metal reflector with a Malkoff Mag drop-in.

A stock smooth plastic Mag reflector is cheap, easy to cut down to size, and works perfectly with Gene's drop-ins. His sink is so effective, there's virtually no heat to the reflector, and as long as you aren't constantly opening the head, the reflector stays perfect.

If you want less throw and more spill, use light diffusion film on the lens.

donn_

Flashaholic
Relax fireboltr...I'm just expressing my opinion on the need for a metal reflector.

I have about a dozen of Gene's Mag drop-ins, and have probably tried every kind of reflector available, including modamag's M2. I cut them off and enlarge the hole myself. None of the ones I've tried create a better beam than the stock smooth plastic Mag reflector.

fireboltr

Enlightened
Relax fireboltr...I'm just expressing my opinion on the need for a metal reflector.

I have about a dozen of Gene's Mag drop-ins, and have probably tried every kind of reflector available, including modamag's M2. I cut them off and enlarge the hole myself. None of the ones I've tried create a better beam than the stock smooth plastic Mag reflector.

Sorry didnt mean to come off harsh or anal......

You are right though the stock reflector does very well the ONLY reason I added the m2 is the beam with the LOP is slightly beter to my eyes.....and you loose too much light to "sputtering" a stock relfector

DrTekGER

Newly Enlightened
I also use a Malkoff in my 3D Mag and I bought the MOP Aluminium reflector from Kaidomain. It makes the beam much more "beautiful" while not killing too much throw.