Lights made in Europe, Canada, Japan, etc.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has always surprised me that there aren't any well known Japanese flashlight manufacturers (At least none that I know of). I would have thought that Japan - the world leaders in quality consumer electronics would have something to rival the likes of Surefire.

ARC mania (who I think is based in Japan) makes some good stuff though.

Same thing applies to Germany IMO. They have Lupine (high quality bike lights and head lights) and LED Lenser (budget flashlights - mostly made in china). But nothing in the same category as Surefire.

I think there is money to be made here and people will pay through the nose for high quality "made in Japan" or "made in Germany" flashlights.

iapyx

Enlightened
Do they still make light bulbs in the Netherlands?

To be honest: I don't think they make the bulbs like 5761 in the NL, but in Eindhoven there are still bulbs made as I just read on wikipedia.
Funny that you ask since I asked my suplier here in the NL for 5761 bulbs which cost me 11 euros a piece. Via a friend of mine in Boston I payed around 6 euros a piece, including shipping costs. And to my surprise I read on the small carton box that the bulbs are made in Germany.