Need help identifying the parts to this light

wirebender777

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone identify all the parts to this lamp? (Led type, strip, and lens manufacturer) It is 12" long and I would like to make one that is 48". Also, do you know of anyone that makes similar cases, but longer? Thanks!

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't help with identifying the specifics, but you can source similar parts here.

I build my own from alum extrusions and Cree stars as shown here.

wirebender777

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, Zeppelin! The optics are my main concern...they emit the type of pattern/light source for what I need in my project. I am trying to create a light to supplement my t5 flourescent aquarium lights. The light would provide the shimmer effect a point source light does, such as metal halide lamps do. The light pictured is manufactured by CurrentUSA to do exactly that, but I want to increase the intensity with some Cree XR-E Q5's and legthen the strip. Anyone think they can identify the optics, I assume it is some type of spot lens?

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many optics look like that.

For use with a Cree, these are nice in that they snap on to the Cree metal ring, and need no additional support. Of course the friction fit is not permanent and they can be knocked off, but it's about as easy as it gets.

I have 20 pcs I never used, PM me if you want some.

For a point source effect, you might try the bare emitter.