Mag Lite Reflectors Dorpins Help

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a mag lite reflector that dosnt produce that anyoing dark spot.
Preferauly someting that produces a beam like a surefire.
I like throw.

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
Im using A 3D mag lite and i want somethig that takes away the dark spot in the center and creates quite a bit og throw. I had a surefire 6p and i really liked the beam on that. Im currently using a Tera Lux LED drop in, in my mag lite

dougie

Enlightened
The smooth Mag reflector was designed for an incandescent bulb and provides flood or throw. However, neither adjustment will provide a good beam profile with the flood being particularly full of rings. Various attempts have been made to overcome the problem with stippling being the most common approach. Although you can try a diy approach or buy a ready made reflector with different amounts of stippling I think you will be disappointed with the end results as when adjusted for flood some rings and artifacts will still remain. The easiest way to achieve the results you are after is to buy one of the Mag filter rubbers and use a piece of light diffusion film on a clear lens. This gives you a reasonable flood type beam whilst still allowing the Mag to remain focused for distance work.

Alternatively put the Mag in the car/truck for emergencies and get something else.

litho123

Enlightened
Since you are using an LED,

try Scotch brand SATIN finish tape. Apply the tape across the plastic lens, covering it evenly and completely. The will diffuse the beam and give it that Surefire type beam.

You can use the INVISIBLE finish tape for more diffusion than the SATIN finish.

The nice thing is that if you don't like it, just remove the tape!