AA and CR123 equivalents of Arc AAA or E01

jag-engr

Enlightened
Are there any single-cell AA or CR123 equivalents of the Arc/E01?

I would like to match my back-up light to my EDC light. I'm looking for:
  • very compact
  • twisty for ultimate reliability
  • long run-time, low output
  • under-driven LED for long life
  • HAIII - not "HAII" or "HAII+"
  • relatively inexpensive (this one's more of a wish than a requirement)
I have a P1D CE that I was considering, but it goes through a couple of modes before it gets to low, and I'm not a big fan of multi-level twisties.

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
Depending on budget, the Fenix L0D Q4 starts on medium, then low.
AAA powered, $42.78 shipped with CPF discount.

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_69_49&products_id=257

There will be times when I don't have Surefire/Malkoff, and there will be times when I don't have my EX10, both of which I consider my principle lights. I always have my L0D Q4. A good low, a great high, and it takes up very little room. Stick a AAA eneloop in and you're set.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Gerber infinity or infinity ultra ( $17.95 ) will meet your criteria, or if you can lay your hands on one, an ARC AA ( although they are not 'cheap' these days - $70 last time I bought one!). Even the Gerber Recon, which has coloured filters over the LED ( $23.95 ).

Don't know about the CR123A light, although a Nitecore EX10 will have a very low 'low', probably less than the Gerber, and for longer. You'll just have to put up with the extremely high 'high' :whistle:.

Be lucky...

arty

Enlightened
These would be Peaks. THey are the highest quality and tough. The have a variety of AA and CR123 lights in stainless, brass, and HA. The Peak HA is good stuff.

paulr

Flashaholic
For cheap, try the Gerber Infinity Ultra. For more upscale, the Peak Kilimanjaro or maybe better yet, the Pacific in XLR (extra long running) configuration. For 123, hmm, this isn't what you asked for but the Tekna Splashlite LED might be interesting. It is made of resin plastic, not metal, but it is a simple and rugged dive light that is almost weightless and is waterproof to 100's of feet.

jag-engr

Enlightened
For 123, hmm, this isn't what you asked for but the Tekna Splashlite LED might be interesting. It is made of resin plastic, not metal, but it is a simple and rugged dive light that is almost weightless and is waterproof to 100's of feet.

Not quite what I was looking for, but very interesting. You'd think they could get a little longer than 10 hours at 3.1 lumens, though...
From Tek-Tite.com:

The Splash-Lite LED is a lightweight LED flashlight that uses our L222 bulb and is powered by a 123 (3V) Lithium battery.
This durable light is made from Lexan and is ready for any weather condition. The Splash-Lite LED is dive rated to 100 feet and will be a favorite among outdoorsmen and scuba divers for years. A premium lithium battery is included.

Specifications
  • Lamp: 1 LED
  • Lamp Life: 10,000+ hours
  • Burn Time: 10+ hours
  • Batteries: 1- 3v Lithium 123 cell
  • Power: 3.1 Lumens
  • Materials: LEXAN®
  • Waterproof: 100' (30m)
  • Size: 3" x 7/8"
  • Weight: 1.2 oz. (0.05 kg)
  • U.S. Patent #6,502,952 (bulb)