Still in search: Urban edc holster - SF E2DL

isneyk

Newly Enlightened

Update is on Post #3.

Which holsters/sheaths do you recommend?

-will be edc'ing it on my belt bezel down
-nylon with velcro flap preferred
-will accept the flashlight with and without an F04 beam diffuser
-horizontal & vertical carry is a plus but not necessary.
-DOES not sit high above the belt

Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much CPF'ers.

Last edited:

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
Re: urban edc holster for E2DL?

I use the V20 everyday with the E2D LED DEFENDER and it works great. I use the F05 red filter and it fits fine in the holster. Easy to re-holster and easy to pull out while not being too tight. Plus, with the V20 you don't have to worry about the holster popping off your belt and you losing your light. All and all, the V20 is a great choice.

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
Re: Urban edc holster - SF E2DL

Unfortunately the E2DL in a V20 seems awkward to me. It rides very high, the light is stickin out, & the crimped bottom wasted space.

does anybody have a picture of an E2DL in original configuration in a maxped 5" sheath?
how does it fit looking from its side?
How is it if stored bezel down?

thanks so much.

Something like this please :eek:

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
My urban EDC holster for an A2 (similar size) is the AKJ Concealco SF-113. It's a bit more limited than the one you're looking at, since the Surefire is a different size at top and bottom and it's held in by (adjustable) tension. Leather, belt loop with snap, and small. It puts the light at a nice cant for a quick draw, which is still a little tight but is still improving as I break it in.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I can find a camera, I'll take a picture.

No other carry solutions from me, since I found near-perfection.

Edit: swapped the long clip (PITA, broke three times :thumbsdow) with the E1E short clip. Much better now.

Last edited:

cl0123

Enlightened
I just added a couple more images to the other thread. Hope it helps.

solar2008102401.jpg

If you accept a non-holster solution, you may want to try one of those sunglasses pouch. I have one of those nylon-spandex-microfiber type of Oakley sunglasses pouch that has a drawstring opening. It fits the light all right. Of course, you cannot "holster" onto your belt in any way. Good luck to your search.:grin2:

With Aloha,

Clarence

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
I just added a couple more images to the other thread. Hope it helps.
If you accept a non-holster solution, you may want to try one of those sunglasses pouch. I have one of those nylon-spandex-microfiber type of Oakley sunglasses pouch that has a drawstring opening. It fits the light all right. Of course, you cannot "holster" onto your belt in any way. Good luck to your search.:grin2:

Thanks Clarence.

The pouch solution may not work for me though as I like something sturdy & not loose.
Those kydex sheats form LCGGear are really nice. Although I would also think that it would attract unwanted attention from others esp here in the city.

Matter of fact, just last week, two officers, dressed in plain clothes, ran after me in the subway (not that I was runing away from them, I didn't notice them as I was in a hurry to catch a train). When they finally caught up with me, lady officer politely asked me what was that clipped onto my front jeans pocket. I pulled it out & showed them an e1b (clip might have looked like a folder). Good to know they were there tho...

Looks like I can use that AW type of pouch with a little modifications....

Clearly a picture is WAAAYY better than just plain numbers & dimensions:twothumbs

Last edited:

cl0123

Enlightened
You're welcome. I saw LCGGear.com and it has some nice photos. To me, kydex sheaths are exactly built for officers or other professionals who require the ability to "quick-draw and quick-drop" the gears. My needs are different and so I did not go any further than a couple of pages.

I guess I really should block out some time to really look into the Ripoffs holsters. They seem to fit what I am after.

With Aloha,

Clarence

Thanks Clarence.

The pouch solution may not work for me though as I like something sturdy & not loose.
Those kydex sheats form LCGGear are really nice. Although I would also think that it would attract unwanted attention from others esp here in the city.

Matter of fact, just last week, two officers, dressed in plain clothes, ran after me in the subway (not that I was runing away from them, I didn't notice them as I was in a hurry to catch a train). When they finally caught up with me, lady officer politely asked me what was that clipped onto my front jeans pocket. I pulled it out & showed them an e1b (clip might have looked like a folder). Good to know they were there tho...

Looks like I can use that AW type of pouch with a little modifications....

Clearly a picture is WAAAYY better than just plain numbers & dimensions:twothumbs

CR123_CR123_CR123

Newly Enlightened
Hi:

batonholder.jpg

I just got this one. It is a Gould & Goodrich Poenix Nylon Baton Holder
X560-21. The E2DL clips nicely to it. I can sink it in even more by not clipping it, but it would be difficult to remove.

I wanted this holster because I had the E2DL in my cargo pocket. The E2DL in that pocket ended up rubbing up against my leg, giving me a friction burn. :(

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about this one they are well made :D
They do four sizes and wont break the bank,they sell for 4,5,6 and 7$'s each depending on size the one pictured here fits lights upto 165 mm long x 40mm dia bezel.It's the third pic found here
002-20.jpg

001-22.jpg

Last edited:

CR123_CR123_CR123

Newly Enlightened
How about this one they are well made :D
They do four sizes and wont break the bank,they sell for 4,5,6 and 7$'s each depending on size the one pictured here fits lights upto 165 mm long x 40mm dia bezel.It's the third pic found here
002-20.jpg

001-22.jpg

those look and the link looks like another place to throw the paycheck at. thanks! :party: