California's 50 cal ban to be heard on April 29

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
California\'s 50 cal ban to be heard on April 29

I think there may be a lot of crossover between flashaholics and knifeowners and gunowners. Therefore, I'd like to post this current newsflash of the latest current challenge to the second amendment in California which will set the new standard the other states will use to take away their residents freedoms as well. California's problems are your problems to. Look at Kalifornia as a diseased carcass spreading disease to the rest of the Union. OR if you like gun control and police states and such, then California is your beacon of light spreading enlightment to the rest of the US. Whatever your view, California is contagious and will affect your home one way or the other.

California's 50 ban to be heard in Committee April 29th!

The California Assembly Committee on Public Safety will hold a hearing
on Tuesday, April 29th on AB-50 the 50cal ban introduced by Hollywood
Democrat, Paul Koretz.

Koretz failed to pass his 50 cal ban last year, when the Committee
rejected AB 2222. FCSPI will be attending the hearing to argue
against AB 50.

It is imperative that ALL Californians concerned about firearms rights
and liberty act now to oppose this legislation.

Even those of you outside of California can help, forward this email
to anyone you may know in California who shares your concerns about
liberty, post info about this alert, with a link.

There are four things you can do right now:

1. Write a letter to the committee opposing AB 50 and email it
to:
[email protected]

2. Mail this letter to the Committee (contact info is below)

3. Spread the word immediately
call other gun owners in CA

forward this email to other gun owners

print out this email and distribute it at gun shops, ranges, etc.

Write an internet post about this alert on your favorite gun web
board, you can refer readers to www.fcspi.org/california for the full
details about AB 50 and a copy of this alert.

4. Support FCSPI's efforts by visiting our website and making a
contribution, you can do so at www.fcspi.org/wina50.html

Committee Contact Info:

California Assembly Committee on Public Safety
Attention: Chairman Mark Leno
State Capitol
P.O. Box 942849
Sacramento, CA

Neither the Committee, nor the Chairman publish their fax numbers

Important tips for contacting the Committee:

1. Send your letter ASAP, via email and regular mail
2. The facts are on our side, so a firm, fair and polite letter
works best, we'll leave irrational emotion to the opposition
3. Be sure to include your name and mailing address

You can find some sample talking points below

Talking Points on the 50 Caliber Target Rifle and California's AB 50
gun ban

1 Those that seek to ban 50 caliber target rifles wrongly
suggest that it has no sporting purpose and is a military rifle.
o To the contrary, since 1985, there has been organized 50
caliber target shooting competitions, conducted by the non-profit
Fifty Caliber Shooters Association (FCSA).
o The military version of the Barrett 50 caliber rifle is
already regulated by California's Assault Weapon law – AB 50 does not
target the military rifle, but only the sporting rifle used by
competitive shooters.

2 Those that seek to ban 50 caliber target rifles wrongly
suggest that the gun is suited for criminal or terrorist uses.
o The size, cost and skill level of the 50 caliber rifle make
it unsuited for criminal or terrorist use. This claim is backed up by
history – since no American in California or any other state has ever
been killed by a 50 caliber target rifle.

3. Fifty caliber target rifles have been manufactured, sold,
collected and competed with in California for nearly two decades.
This firearm has a proven history of safe and responsible ownership
and use in California, there is no evidence to suggest it is part of a
credible threat to public safety, and this claim is solidly supported
by history.

4. The Committee on Public Safety should focus its attention
and California's tax dollars on real and credible public safety issues
– banning fifty caliber rifles, Bigfoot, the Easter Bunny or anything
else that has never injured or killed any Californian is an
irresponsible waste of the Committee's valuable time.

Kristofg

Enlightened
Re: California\'s 50 cal ban to be heard on April 29

I had no idea what a 50cal gun is, so I looked it up in google and the Belgian FN factory seems to build a version of it. (http://www.airforce-technology.com/contractors/weapons/fn_herstal/fn_herstal3.html) If this is your idea of a weapon to have fun with, I think I'd rather not live next to you.
------------
Edited comments:
Apparently nobody seemed to see the irony in my message and some people are upset about it. What I mean to say was that it seems weird to have a weapon of this size. We have strict gun control laws, you never see people (apart from special forces) carrying around machine guns and seeing somebody with a gun like that from FN on the street here would be considered comical and not serious. It would be like somebody going to a shallow swimming pool with diving gear on. (And don't tell me I have offended deep sea divers by this post now) There is a definite cultural difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: California\'s 50 cal ban to be heard on April 2

A note of sympathy:
As with Kali, Mass. has lists. I don't see a .50 cal on one of the lists, so maybe we're ahead of you? Is that even possible to be worse than CA on this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'm just learning this stuff so I could very easily be wrong.

(Controversial & unsolicited comment follows, so please ignore if you're sensitive to that stuff)
The "list" is a vivid example of how the laws of this place are morphing from being "you can do anything except this" into "you can't do anything except this." It's in direct conflict with our constitution.

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened

Hmmmmm. Maybe Smith's new .50 cal six er five shooter should be banned also.....Maybe the Hummer also.....not the H2, to small......but what the *ell lets all roll a fatty and smoke out.....but dang it NO .50 CAL TARGET PRACTICE....
Hmmmmm. Maybe..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

P.S. I don't support drug use, unless its an overdose...kinda like natural selection. Gun control, is the ability to hit your target.

Kristofg

Enlightened

We've got natural selection on the Hummer, it doesn't fit on our roads in town. Imagine the fun I had watching someone trying to find a parking space at a shopping mall with one of them last week. Every corner he had to take became a three point turn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It took him ages to get there. Not to mention the fact that the parking spaces are built for normal cars and he couldn't open his doors in them, so he had to keep looking for two space next to each other before he could park and get out. That thing is definitely not constructed for in-town use.

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened

This is a store that sells 50 cal rifles. http://www.50bmgstore.com/50bmgstore.htm Look here to get an idea.

They weigh 35 pounds unloaded. Do you have any idea how heavy that is. No bank robber etc. is going to lug one on his back. It'd be easier for a criminal to purchase illegal armor piercing rounds and have them smuggled in from Mexico for a standard assault rifle that weighs 7 pounds. Notice that the armor piercing rounds are illegal like machine guns and brings a death sentence unnoficially from the ATF. But common sense will tell you that just like heroine and cocaine they can be brougnt into the country for a price. Notice that no law abiding citizen can purchase the armor piercing rounds. You have to be connected with the mafia or various governments like communist red china which has been rumored to be supplying shoulder launched SAM's on the underground market in Los Angeles; that's right you heard me correctly.

Anyways, it's not just about the .50 caliber rifles. The government in California has been tacking onto these bills or whatever you call them wording that tries to go after precision .308 bolt action rifles, provisions to tax bullets 10 cents a bullet, etc. etc. New York is allowing Wal Mart to be sued for selling TOY GUNS. Notice a pattern here. The fifty caliber guys and the NRA has been shooting down those added provisions that keep on slipping into the language but it is an ongoing battle because the freaks are being funded by the UN, Hollywood, the likes of Ted Turner and whoever funded the same movements in Canada, Australia, and England. The NRA like tobacco companies seems to have been targetted for extinction by these unnoficial leaders behind the political undercurrent.

You say if that is the gun you want to own I don't want to live near you. I've got news for you. I don't own a .50 caliber rifle nor would I ever want to since it weighs 35 pounds. Just imagine how heavy the case of that ammo would be; the individual bullet cartridge is frigging huge. Screw that deal for it's not my idea of a portable system. It'd kill my back. However, I know that those owners of the .50 caliber rifles are some of my only friends I got left politically. People like you are my political enemy, period. Your type of people just passed a law near me in I think West Hollywood making it illegal to declaw our cats at the Vets office. Your type of people are chaining themselves in trees in California to protest their destruction by the land developers. Your type of people are like all the actors in Hollywood that are always protesting for peace for Iraq and Saddam Hussein, but when they saw how unpopular their stance was these actors took a lower profile on the news so their box office revenues wouldn't be hurt. Nobody felt sorry for Milosevich in Hollywood. But all of Hollywood cries for poor Saddam and the mistreated Islamic terrorist country being bullied by America. What's the frigging difference to make Saddam so worthy of sympathy, huh?? You people expect me to crucify Milosevich just because you shout warcrime because he exterminated the Muslim population his people had to live with. ANd you expect me to forgive Saddam Hussein who kills and seeks to exterminate all Jews and Christians from the face of the earth. Screw you. And people like you are raping my second amendment rights like you raped Canada's and Australia's and Englands. You took away the rights of those countries' citizens while you were in the minority. But you were louder and more vicious and your freak buddies are the prime ministers and leaders today, excluding Bush but you probably wanted Gore to win anyways.

No sir, I don't own a fifty caliber rifle. But, I support those guys who do. I believe your side will win however, despite how sad it is. The only consolation I have is in the fact that rich and poor and old and young people all die after about 70 short years of life. Death is the great equalizer that humiliates the wise by bringing him down to the end of the foolish. I rejoice that as I perish so to will you and your kind. Your victory will be short lived and then like me you will face your death and may never see life again.

All this talk about clean air laws in California irritates me to. Don't you realize why the Japanese government keeps on pushing the Kyoto clean air act up America's butt. Everytime they get to make the EPA's pollution requirements for the smog control checks for registration renewal at the department of motor vehicles more strict, more and more car owners are forced to scrap their vehicles and buy NEW JAPANESE CARS that meet the new strict pollutions guidelines. Japan is trying to fix its busted economy by breaking the backs of the American citizen, Japan's largest automobile customer. If it can make the new DMV Smog check so strict that nearly everyone flunks so much the better. It'd kick start Japan's economy. Likewise their are other hidden agenda's behind the other countries support of these Californian GReen laws. The popular lines that the regular folk go spouting out copying the television ads are a crock. Those save the earth lines are the garbage shoved down from the government to sell the public on their new scheme.

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened

>Oh my, he must be a busy man then. I just thought he used >religion as part of his ploy to stay in power and rule his >country. Wasn't the forgiving thing something in your >bible? I'm not saying you have to, I just consider it >weird that in order to replace Saddam, you start killing >Iraqi civilians. Whatever happened to covert operations?

You don't know the bible. Jesus asked for people to do lots of things that seem unbearable in the bible. But when dissected carefully, the minimum that Jesus required becomes evident and there is not as much required of me as you think. Since you asked, this is what Jesus required at the bare minimum:
1. That you believe upon Jesus Christ and confess him.
2. That you repent of your witchcraft, idol worship, sexual immorality, murder and theft (like the type the mafia does; Jesus ok'd killing in the army etc.)
3. That you should do some righteous deeds but Jesus said if you didn't want to do the work yourself then He'd be willing to accept your putting money with the bankers so that when he returned he'd receive his own money with interest.
4. That you'd keep away from beating your fellow brethren which is defined as THOSE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS AND OBEY HIM. YOU'RE NOT ONE OF HIS BRETHREN.
5. That you'd forgive your fellow brethren as long as he was sorry for what he did. YOU'RE NOT ONE OF HIS BRETHREN.

THAT's THE BARE MINIMUM.

Jesus asked that Christians would pray for those unbelievers who torture them and forgive them. But it doen't appear to be required for salvation. The only place He makes it inflexible is in forgiving another REPENTANT CHRISTIAN.

The only reason Jesus asks Christians to pray for those who despitefully use them appears to be to attract those unbelievers to salvation themselves. The bible says Jesus is waiting to give the world a chance to repent. That's the only reason He doesn't destroy everyone. But guess what. The bible promises that if you don't repent, then when He comes again He's going to torture you for an eternity. That is the other side of Jesus that nobody likes to talk about.

When Moses and Joshua went forth towards Canaan, the Lord orderred them to kill everyone of the nonbelievers, men women and children. The Lord said he would have accpted peace with them or granted them mercy as He did to the Gibeonite city and therefore the Lord hardenned their hearts to this possibllity so instead all of Canaan went to war against Joshua who by the Lord slew them all.

The bible says that the souls of slain Christians lie under an altar in heaven. THey cry out for Jesus to pour out HIS vengeance upon the UNBELIEVERS who tortured them. THey are told to wait until the full number of their brethren are killed in like manner and then the Lord will avenge their blood on the unbelievers like you.

That's the whole concept behind armageddon, the bowls of GOd's wrath, Hell and the ETERNAL LAKE OF FIRE.

God only gives you a space to beg forgiveness from him. Once you ask for Jesus's forgiveness THEN YOU also HAVE TO COMPLY WITH THE BARE MINIMUM I PUT FORTH ABOVE BUDDY or He won't save you. But if you die without Christ's forgiveness then you get to inheritt that rich relationship of being hated forever by your own creator, the only living God. That's the dirty little part of the bible nobody likes to talk about.

I hope I made your day. If you want to make fun of what I said go ahead, you've made me angry and as far as I care for you, you can die an unbeliever. I've told you the truth, and that is all I owe you.

I bet all you ever knew about the bible is Jesus love this, Jesus loves that, Jesus said forgive this and that. You point your finger crying foul accusing me of not forgiving enough, you don't do this or that enough. But you don't even know what the bible says of YOUR position. If you die the way you are the bible says you will be resurrected to be an object of contempt. That's what God, who is Jesus Christ, and His angels and all of Heaven is going to look at you as... forever... as you scream in a lake of burning sulfer and worms before His thrown for an eternity. And that is a literal quote from the bible.

DOES THAT SOUND VERY FORGIVING TO YOU THE WAY YOU THINK OF FORGIVENESS. No, He gives you a space to repent. THen, if you don't, He hates you forever. What makes you think Jesus won't hand you the same fate he handed the Devil and his Demons, huh?

Contempt 1. the attitude or feeling of a person towards a person or thing that he considers worthless or despicable; scorn.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

I edited this post. Good too see the topic back on track, thanks.

DD

Kristofg

Enlightened

>That's the whole concept behind armageddon,
No actually that was the meteorite which came crashing down to earth in a kind of rather sappy movie.

>as you scream in a lake of burning sulfer and worms
How do the worms survive in there then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ewick

Enlightened

People love to ban things that scare them. It makes them feel safe. To quote Freud, "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity". People also love to ban things that can be used in a crime. Things like firearms. And baseball bats. And skimasks. And checkbooks. Bottom line: anything can be used to do someone wrong. A .50 caliber weapon should be banned for the same reason all vehicles capable of exceeding the speed limit should be banned. Anybody remember the nail clipper ban in airports? Perfect example. Maybe we should put a ban on banning things, and start making people responsible for their own actions.

hokiefritz

Newly Enlightened

ewick wrote everything I think too, and probably did a better job than I could. Just lending my support.

ewick

Enlightened

Thanks, hokiefritz. Sorry if this seems a little edgy, I'm just tired of listening to people wanting to ban things "to protect the public". Here's a better solution: protect YOURSELF! Don't like a particular TV show? Change the channel. Offended by a particular art exhibit? Leave the museum. Have these ban-happy freakshows ever heard of communism? Communism is the perfect solution for people who aren't capable of being responsible. What ever happened to self-discipline, good judgment, and accountability? If someone wants to spend $X for a .50 cal, so be it, as long as they pass the appropriate background checks. But if they use it inappropriately, they should be held responsible. No more of this "it was my medication", "I had an unhappy childhood", "my dog ate it" garbage. Let's start with punishment for unacceptable behavior, instead of excuses for it.

By the way, I'd like to know how many of these "Paul Koretz" jokers have actually fired a .50. Maybe they don't know how much fun they're missing out on!

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
ledfanfromjuno said:
All this talk about clean air laws in California irritates me to. Don't you realize why the Japanese government keeps on pushing the Kyoto clean air act up America's butt. Everytime they get to make the EPA's pollution requirements for the smog control checks for registration renewal at the department of motor vehicles more strict, more and more car owners are forced to scrap their vehicles and buy NEW JAPANESE CARS that meet the new strict pollutions guidelines. Japan is trying to fix its busted economy by breaking the backs of the American citizen
The popular lines that the regular folk go spouting out copying the television ads are a crock. Those save the earth lines are the garbage shoved down from the government to sell the public on their new scheme.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what this has to do with banning guns, but hey it is your thread. Reading this through several times, I still can't make out the point, entirely. Is the US government selling us out to the makers of efficient automobiles? Do we LIKE our governement for not signing the Kyoto treaty? I'm not sure what to make of your comment. What IS clear though, is that one of the most patriotic vehicle you can drive today (IMO) is, in fact, a foreign car. The US (GM) was the leader in clean cars in the mid 90's with the release of the EV1. Now they want out of the clean vehicle market with a vengeance. But being forced to keep their big toe in it, they've purchased hybrid technology from... Toyota of course.

If you'd like to talk about clean vehicle technology as it relates to CA, the USA and Japan, I'd love to host the discussion over here: Darell's EV thread Doesn't look like this is the place for it.