i have a few questions on the e1l

snapper

Newly Enlightened
The newest version. I have searched till my eyes crossed, what is the real world run time on high? And how does high compare to the last style e2l? I am thinking the e1b was the wrong choice for me. I want some thing that lasts a long time on a single cell. The e1l should run four or better hours on a single cell and forever on low. And if it has as much light out put as my e2l i will be happy. That is why i got tired of my e2l ate cells way too fast and couldn't figure out rechargeable. This e1b looks like high is going to eat pretty fast, and i dont need that much light for what i want this for. So what is the run time on the cree e1l? And does the out put on high compare to my older e2l? Is so i might buy the e1l and sell the e1b or keep both... So any insight?

later!! chris

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're going to need to clear some things up. First off, which E2L do you have? There is the older Luxeon version and two Cree versions. The new E1L will be brighter than the Luxeon E2L and you'll get three to four hours of runtime on high with a more useable beam.

MSI

Enlightened
If you don't need the low mode, then I would try to get the single level Cree E1L since that gives you 6 hours regulated runtime while the new dual level model only gives you 4 hours.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hi MSI,

i have the 1st gen E1L (one level output), optics with square beam. KL1 head. under 2hours of peak output. :mecry:

the E1L with 6hrs regulated runtime belongs to the E1L 2nd gen (the generation just before the 2 level output is introduced) right? :confused:

MSI

Enlightened
hi MSI,

i have the 1st gen E1L (one level output), optics with square beam. KL1 head. under 2hours of peak output. :mecry:

the E1L with 6hrs regulated runtime belongs to the E1L 2nd gen (the generation just before the 2 level output is introduced) right? :confused:

Yes, it is the generation before the 2 level output model. Btw, there has also been another model before the one you have.
I have both the KL1 you have and the single level KX1, and I would say the intensity of the hotspot is about the same, but the KX1 is perfectly round (and a little bit smaller), has a much nicer tint and when compared to the KL1 it has a lot of spill. The huge difference in spill was the first thing I noticed when comparing them.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
oh my goodness, looks like a must have! :crazy:

similiar sized hotspot, nicer tint, more wider spill, longer runtime & its almost half price at my local store. :awman:

snapper

Newly Enlightened
so what are the differences in the single and dual output cree e1e? Looks like the two stage version has more lumens on high and less high run time, and the single has less lumens but more run time. So how much difference in brightness can you see between the two cree versions? and which version would 3 volt cr123a rechargeables work better with?

Later!! chris

bullterrier

Enlightened
got the dual output E1L.
And I'm very happy with mine. i edc min and use it when i am out walking my dog at night in the woods. low is for walking my dog and high when im looking for my dog.