Mini-Mag mod, UCL question

Niteshift911

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, long time lurker, first post!

Been a collector for a while, doing my first mod on a Mini-Mag.

Got a Terralux TLE-5EX on the way, and a Terralux rear clicky also. Want to replace the stock window with a glass one.

I read in past posts that some had been replacing the stock window with a UCL, but I couldn't find a UCL at Flashlightlens in the proper thickness 22.61mm X 1.10mm.

They have the Borofloat in 22.61 x 1.10, but I read in an earlier posting that the Borofloat is primarily for hotwires, and is 94% transmission.

Is there a source for a UCL of the proper dimensions to fit a MiniMag? (with the TLE-5EX mod and reflector installed)

Thanks!

wildstar87

Enlightened
Huh... They used to have them, you could always check with them to see if they are going to get anymore in.

I think KD might have some around 22mm, and fairly cheap, free shipping, BUT be prepared to wait, and wait and wait, with little to no communication. I'd say go DX, but unfortunately they don't have the more unique items that KD carries, or I would probably never order from them again.

Niteshift911

Newly Enlightened
I emailed flashlightlens.com, and got the following reply, "At the moment, we don't have anything in the UCL line with those dimensions."

Bummer.

I saw a glass lens on KD that would fit, but it doesn't tell if it's AR coated or what the percentage of light transmission is.

Surely there's an option out there that does better than the 94% borofloat?