Gerber Infinity Ultra vs Fenix E01?

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have both these lights and could post beamshot comparisons? I gave my gf my e01 and was thinking about replacing it with a GUI, but am not sure about how bright the gerber is. Thanks.

generic808

Enlightened
The Fenix is smaller and a little brighter, but in my opinion (and it's just my opinion now) I feel the Gerber has a smoother beam and is of much better build quality. I hope I didn't open a can of worms with that statement :duh2:

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
did the ultra infinity change in brightness when it went from cmg to gerber, or was just the build modified?

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm I'm still a bit confused I see some ppl saying the e01 is brighter and some saying the gui is brighter. Also it seems like ppl are getting e01's that perform differently?

Hmmm I'm still a bit confused I see some ppl saying the e01 is brighter and some saying the gui is brighter. Also it seems like ppl are getting e01's that perform differently?

That's because they are both very close in lumen output. The beam characteristics are a little different where the Infinity will be wider, and smoother just like others have said, but both are still bluish in tint. I would choose the E01 for a keychain light, and the Infinity for a pocket light, but no matter which one you choose you're going to get a winner.

Last edited:

geek4christ

Enlightened
Two words: Get Both :twothumbs

But seriously, they are both great lights. I Second CRESCENDOPOWER's recommendation, but keep in mind that the Gerber only has Type II anodizing. If you plan to pocket carry it and your pockets are full of keys and other stuff, then it will probably start showing wear before the E01 does.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
The IU with a CS LED is just a little (hardly noticable) dimmer than my E01. The IU is however modable and with a DS or GS LED will be brighter than an E01. It will also have a longer battery life if that's what you desire. I do believe though, that the fenix has a more efficient circuit. It's deffinitely better regulated.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and the Gerber is a little dimmer but as others have said has a wider more even beam. The good thing about the Gerber is that you can actually use a AAA (yes AAA) battery in it in a pinch.

sabre7

Enlightened
I have both and the Gerber is a little dimmer but as others have said has a wider more even beam. The good thing about the Gerber is that you can actually use a AAA (yes AAA) battery in it in a pinch.

Wow thats a cool tip I never heard of, just had to try it-- it works!! :twothumbs

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
while i do not have the E01, my Gerber gets a tiny tweek in output with reflactive tape around to inner cone where the LED is. the result is a wider caste of bright illumination in the center of the beam.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, try "no" for the fenix head. Although it is moddable, it's certainly not easy. They're potted very nicely.

Latest posts