Bits of BitZ

ambientmind

Enlightened
I got bored and decided to swap the emitter in my BitZ for a U2SVOH since I really didnt like the cool blue tint of the seoul it came with. I just put the head in the vice with Wilton rubber jaws, lightly tapped a piece of pine into the teeth of the bezel and twisted it right off. Its a nice clean design inside, and pretty easy to swap the led, although I destroyed the one that was on there since it seemed to be glued on with AA and wouldnt let go. Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone has cracked one open yet so I thought I'd post some pictures of its guts!

P1020673copy.jpg

P1020675copy.jpg

P1020674copy.jpg

:wave:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank's for sharing !:thumbsup:

Did the upgrade worth the effort ? Is it really brighter ?

ambientmind

Enlightened
Thank's for sharing !:thumbsup:

Did the upgrade worth the effort ? Is it really brighter ?

While technically it is slightly brighter, the 10% or so increase in brightess isn't going to be noticeable to your eyes. I mainly swapped it for better color from the led as the one it came with was really blue tinted on mine. I like the warm glow of the svo seouls.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures. It looks like the LED is on a nice heat sink. Anyways, I am waiting for the V bin to come out to make my mod. I would also like to install a quality glow o-ring when I open her up for some extra coolness. Who sells the best glow o-rings and what size does the Bitz take?