• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2 x 18650 Battery Adapter for SureFire M6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic
CLOSED

Go Here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2849142#post2849142
To Order these Adapters...

2 x 18650 adapter for SureFire M6, brought to you by Odd Mods! (that's me!)[/CENTER]

First a BIG thank-you out to JetSkiMark who offered to test prototype adapters until we had a working design! His help has been instrumental and I appreciate it very much, Thank You Mark!!!

100_3188.jpg

Availability and pricing is listed below, PMs that ask about availability will simply be referred back to this thread. If you aren't sure about availability after reading this post, please respond with your question in this thread, not in a PM. My PM box fills up really fast with lots of questions that belong in this thread. Multiple people may benefit from the answer to 1 question. -Thank You

General Information:
Like my other battery adapters, these are built with garage tools and are semi-rough in appearance but are designed to perform a function with reliability and and strength.

Cell Compatibility:
The 2x18650 adapter will fit in a stock SureFire M6 flashlight using the stock tail-cap spring, replacing the regular 6xCR123 carrier and allow the use of rechargeable 18650 size li-ion cells in it's place. The adapter should work with cells ranging from ~63-67mm length, so most 18650s, and 17670s should fit and work. The support rods are sized at a happy medium to fit most cells, if your cells are not working with the supplied rod lengths, contact me for replacement rods.

Configuration Ideas:
A pair of protected 18650 cells can be used to drive a variety of bulbs in an M6. Here's some ideas that should work with traditional protected AW/Pila/Wolf-Eyes brand 18650 size cells: (18650/600P/LRB-168A)
  • SureFire MN15
  • SureFire MN16
  • SureFire MN20
  • LumensFactory HO-M3T
  • LumensFactory EO-M3T

Other ideas that require special additional considerations:
  • Osram 64250 in FM bi-pin socket adapter, produces a great beam, is somewhere between the MN20 and MN21 for output and power consumption, should work on 2x regular li-ion cells or A123, will not tolerate Emoli (LiMn "IMR") style cells.
  • Philips 5761 in a FM bi-pin to MN adapter, requires the use of special cells like Emoli or A123 or unprotected li-ion. Not all 5761s will fit, use of unprotected LiCo cells will reduce the chance of instaflash, but requires advanced knowledge of li-ion usage. LiMn (IMR) cells might flash this bulb.
  • WA1111 in an FM bi-pin to MN adapter- known good configuration with AW 18650s. Will probably instaflash on LiMn (IMR) cells.
  • GE 787 6V 10W in FM bi-pin socket, as bright as an MN20 with nicer beam (IMO) while using less power (under 2 amps). Runs fine on LiMn or LiCo cells.
  • SureFire MN21: requires the use of special cells like Emoli or A123 or unprotected LiCo. Seems to tolerate rested Emoli brand cells, IMR18650s from AW have not yet been tested, unprotected LiCo cells require advanced knowledge of safety issues.
  • Osram 64275 in FM bi-pin adapter, shimmed back a few mm. Bulb base requires some grinding, not all 64275s will fit all SF turboheads. power consumption is massive (45+W, 6.5+A), MUST use high current safe chemistry cells! IMR/LiMn ONLY! Extra shimming required will permanently compress bi-pin adapter springs. This is probably the brightest bulb available for use in the M6 on 2x18650 cells. Runtime is ~12 minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------

Purchasing instructions:

I accept and prefer Paypal, send payment to [email protected]
I also accept Money Orders if you prefer, please contact via PM for this payment method.

When ordering, please respond to this thread with a "paypal/payment sent and what for." Please make sure to include your CPF member name in the "subject" or "notes" section of the paypal transaction, and order details in the "notes" section.

Loading instructions:

100_3193.jpg

1. Adjust the thumb nuts on the rear of the adapter to a position loose enough to fit the cells in from the sides freely.
  2. Load 1 cell into each side of the adapter, both facing the same direction, hold the cells in place by clasping the adapter and cells in one hand.
  3. Tighten the thumb nuts in small increments, going back and forth, ensuring that the end-cap is seating against the cells as evenly as possible.
  4. Once the cells start to snug into place a bit, view the adapter from the side, using thumbs and fingers, make sure the cells are lined up as evenly as possible on each side of the adapter.
  5. Snug down the thumb nuts a bit more to hold the cells securely. Do not over-tighten!

Fine Print:
Batteries not included! Only purchase and use this adapter if you are familiar with the safe and proper use of loose lithium-ion cells. I am not to be held responsible for premature bulb failures, damage to original flashlight, or fire/explosion related to the use of lithium chemistry cells! Oh, and try to envision some fancy lawyer sounding talk here to make this sound more like the fine print you would usually be reading.

------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for looking! I look forward to your order.

Eric

Last edited:

generic808

Enlightened
I'll be the first in this sales thread to take one! :thumbsup:

LIMITED EDITION CLEAR ROD VERSION :wave:

:paypal: Transaction ID #1D72797237966031 - $27.50

Thanks, Eric

-Eric :D

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take one 'Limited Edition Clear Rod' battery adapter c/w international shipping.

:paypal: ID #1H686705M55937938 : USD29.00

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

BSBG

Enlightened
Cool!

:paypal:

Standard white rod: $26
Shipping:$1.50

Total: $27.50

Thanks,

Ken

AW

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one 'Limited Edition Clear Rod' battery adapter c/w international shipping.

Thanks!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: for holder plus international shipping

total = $29

- I would like standard white rods

(sorry I forgot to include this in the paypal message)

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take

LIMITED EDITION CLEAR ROD VERSION

Thanks Much!

Amount: $27.50 USD

Transaction ID: 60503940XT698505E

Subject: LIPS - CPF

2x18650 for M6 with "Limited Edition clear rods" Thanks!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take:

1 X LIMITED EDITION CLEAR BATTERY HOLDER----$26.00
Shipping----------------------------------------$1.50

Total: 27.50

THANKS!!!

Nice job!

Last edited:

XFlash

Enlightened
Hello,
I'll take one 'Limited Edition Clear Rod' battery adapter.
26.00 + 1.50 shipping = 27.50.
Thanks Alot for your time on these.
Tim

Thanks Again
Tim - Xflash

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
They're going as fast as I can package em up! eek :)

I'm leaving for work in a few minutes, please pay close attention to the number of adapters listed as being available for the remainder of the day while I'm gone, and if possible, count sales posts after this point to make sure what you order is going to be available, I'm going to be gone for the next 10 hours or so and would rather not "oversell" anything. Another 20 adapters will be finished up tomorrow, so don't worry, more are coming!

As of this Post I have the following still available: [EDITED OUT, UPDATED AT A LATER POINT IN THREAD]

Thank You All!
Eric

Last edited:

mwaldron

Enlightened
I still think Derlin will be more durable, and since you have more of them left...

2x Standard Delrin white rods : $26 each
1x Shipping : $1.50

Total: 53.50

Whoops, Just as I hit send on PayPal I realized I forgot my user ID. Transaction ID# 0D369499LU114124V.

fishmanstan

Newly Enlightened
2 x 26.00 Limited Edition Clear Rods
1 x 1.50 Shipping

$53.50 Total

Thanks,
Joe
:twothumbs

Last edited:

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 white holder

Unless I can't count...

That leaves 5 Clear Rod holders , 2 White Rod Holders

z-b-i

Newly Enlightened
I will take one 'Limited Edition Clear Rod' adapter with international shipping.

Transaction ID #6BL051301M476222X

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.