Does the E2DL have enough spill for indoor use?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
And if there is any doubt, slide the F04 diffuser on the bezel, and you have an incredible two level flood machine....Jeff

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
Yes but not as much spill as a 6PL. It has a tight beam with ok spill IMO.

dmz

Enlightened
Is there another option than a F04 diffuser? Is there a stick on the lens diffuser? I don't like the look of the F04 diffuser.

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
One of them's the Novatac (known for having a very useful beam pattern with a lot of side spill) the other one's the E2DL. More than enough side spill but one helluva hotspot.

novatacbt2.jpg

e2dlsn0.jpg

bfodnes

Newly Enlightened
+1 @ depending on what indoor use its for.

I got a E2DL and its a hell of a light, I promise.

Too bright for close up and the spill is ok at longer range.

If u want to light up a room, aim for the ceiling. The light will reflect enough to light up a normal school gymroom.

It is one of my absolute favorites but at 10-20 feet maybe not enough spill for some.

I have my Inova T1 2008 and my L4 for that use....

To be honest, when i need a light and pick one, its the E2DL or L1 2007 or my E1L 2008. My flood lights have work issues to attend at ;-)

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say optimal indoor spill is still (horrors) the KL4, which makes it (horrors again) an optimal choice for a weapons light for indoor use unless you're talking about an indoor stadium. I have an E2DL and just bought a KX2C, but for indoor use where spill is a plus, I'm not sure they'd be my first choice.

dmz

Enlightened
Is the low beam good for close up work and in door use?

jzelek

Newly Enlightened
There are better lights for indoor use such as the Surefire C series with the 80 lumen LED which have more flood.

However if I could only have one light to do both (indoor and outdoor use) I would pick the E2DL.

Its size is handy, it has 2 light levels, can use RCR123s and it has allmost as much throw as my Malkoff M60 and my Jetbeam Military!

If you do buy one you won't be disapponted.

My 2 cents worth.

Last edited: