LOD Q4 woes

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased an LOD Q4 to replace my beloved LOD-CE. It worked fine for the first week, then it started having a flicker/dimming problem on medium and low modes only. The light would intermittently flicker in medium or low, and if left on, would quickly dim and sometimes go out all together. Switch it to high though and it would work fine.

First I checked the battery out and it was fine, and even put a new one in it ...no change. Next I cleaned the threads and contacts and applied some Deoxit, and the problem is less intermittent, but is still there. Has anyone had similar issues, or have any suggestions as to what to try next? Any feedback would be greatly.

Thanks,
~Ray

nuggett

Enlightened
what battery are you using? I have this problem with the Lion rechargable only, not energizer li.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you look at the area of the circuit board where it touches the threads of the head. Sometimes there is excess epoxy there. It's where the tube touches the board to make negative contact.

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
No, I didn't, and yes, there appears to be excess epoxy on opposing sides. Thanks for that! I'll clean it up and see if the problem goes away ...I have a good feeling:)!

~Ray