Photon ReX LED tint question

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had purchased two Photon ReX lights when they were first introduced as part of the pre-order. I was extremely pleased with the lights and like them a lot for what they are. What suprised me me was the very nice neutral tint of them. There is no "angry blue/purple" and the tint looks similar to Lux/Cree LED's. Is this a characteristic of the LED's that Photon uses in the ReX's? I have other lights with 5mm LED's and they are completely diferent in tint - much more blue. These other lights were new purchases about the same time and do not even compare. The tint is extremely different.

I recently lost one of my ReX lights and would like to replace it but wonder if the replacement will have the same nice tint. I remember Photon stating that they had exclusive access to the premium Nichia LED's. What are your impressions on the LED's that Photon is using in their lights compared to to other lights with 5mm LED's?

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Marduke but I knew it used the DS LED's. Does anyone know if Photon uses a special bin of DS that is not the typical blue? I am not too familiar if the 5mm LED's are offered in different bins like Cree's.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I don't know if LRI uses specific tint or flux bins, but the DS and GS are binned just like other LED's for both. Flux is U, V, or W, and tint is a0, c0, b1, or b2