Fenix E01 Head Sensitivity

max6166

Newly Enlightened
My E01 turns off if the head is turned more than 1 knurl from the extreme 'on position'. This seems a little overly sensitive as the slightest nudge turns the light off. Are everyone's E01's like this?

I also noticed that for about 10 degrees after that point, you can put light pressure on the head and the light will come on. Seems like a useful 'feature' for signaling or just flashing the light on and off for a moment. Will doing this damage the light though?

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure alot of ppl take advantage of this, I don't think it will harm your light.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, i noticed that in my E01 too, just a slight turn from the 'on' position and it goes off, some pressure on the head gives it some momentary on functions.

pretty useful thing to have, but i usually turn it slightly more than that to turn it off so that it wont accidentally turn itself on in my pocket

ozner1991

Enlightened
you can use that sensitivity to lower the output on your e01. just some verry fine moving when the light is just about to turn on and you dont get the full "10" lumen. thats why i like that its so sensitive:grin2:

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there max6166. Welcome to the CPF!!! :party: You' E01 is completely normal. I've never had mine turn off unintentionally but, if you do think it's a problem, wrap a little plumbers teflon tape around the treads of the head and this will keep it from turning too easily.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I hadn't noticed this with mine, until I just tried it. Compared it to a few other AAA lights (E0, E1, and Arc AAA), and they are all the same. One thing I did notice straight away with the E01 is that the threads seem quite precisely machined with almost no play in them.

Geoff

max6166

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the feedback. This is my first light in many years, so I wasn't sure if this was a normal thing or not. So far it hasn't really been a problem. Just an observation.

Moreover, it's nice to know I am not the only person in the world who notices microscopic details like this... :D

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had mine turn off unintentionally but, if you do think it's a problem, wrap a little plumbers teflon tape around the treads of the head and this will keep it from turning too easily.
I had never thought of this but it may be a good idea as my E01 has turned itself on once while in my pocket. I thought Loctite was a step too far...:crackup: