rc-I3 Q5 upgrade question

blackdragonx1186

Newly Enlightened
as the title states, i have a romisen rc-I3 that i would like to drop a Q5 into. what i want to know will the driver handle the Q5? will i see a noticeable difference? i have an N3 with a Q5 already, so i will have a reference for brightness. thanks!

pekcle

Newly Enlightened
as the title states, i have a romisen rc-I3 that i would like to drop a Q5 into. what i want to know will the driver handle the Q5? will i see a noticeable difference? i have an N3 with a Q5 already, so i will have a reference for brightness. thanks!

I was looking for a Q5 version of the RC-I3, too. I've seen both pills, the RC-I3 and RC-N3, and they SEEM to have the same circuit from what I remember. If they are, then it should run a Q5 fine since your N3 is already doing it. Just out of curiosity, does your RC-N3 pill fit into the RC-I3?

I don't think the brightness will be directly comparable since the N3 reflector is set up for throw and the I3 for flood.

blackdragonx1186

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a Q5 version of the RC-I3, too. I've seen both pills, the RC-I3 and RC-N3, and they SEEM to have the same circuit from what I remember. If they are, then it should run a Q5 fine since your N3 is already doing it. Just out of curiosity, does your RC-N3 pill fit into the RC-I3?

I don't think the brightness will be directly comparable since the N3 reflector is set up for throw and the I3 for flood.

ive not tried that, but when i get home from work, ill have to do that:thumbsup:. i only have my N3 with me. knew i shoulda brought them both.......:ohgeez:

pekcle

Newly Enlightened
well i dropped the Q5 from the N3 into the I3. went in just fine, and its a good amount brighter.:grin2:

That's great to hear. Now you just have to decide to mod it to a Q5 or buy another N3 Q5 and swap the pill. With 1xAA configuration, it's noticeably dimmer. By the way, If you're looking for N3 Q5 performance with just 1xAA, the RC-G2 Q5 with a 7880 board from DX performs exactly the same (same brightness and beamshot according to my eyes). Good luck! :thumbsup: