Any help out there for an Inova T4?

Firecop

Newly Enlightened
If anyone has experience with opening the head of an Inova T4, please sing out. I've tried everything I can to open it so I can remove the old Luxeon LED.

Anyone?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I remember the T series having removable bezels, but I could be wrong.

From Flashlight Reviews' review of the T4

The bezel consists of a silver covered ring, two O-rings, and an anti-reflective coated glass lens. All of these parts are user-replaceable with an optional kit from Inova.

ledaholic

Enlightened
The "freeze pop" method will not work on the T4. The head of the light is threadded to the body and just unscrews, once you get past the locktite they use. I wrapped the body in a heavy piece of leather, clamped in a vise, heated the head with a propane torch and then wrapped the head with leather and clamped with vice-grip pliars and ucscrewed. Remove the rubber switch cover first! I replaced the Lux III wiith a Seoul P4 with great results. The beam is better and is brighter than my version 2 and real close to my version 3. I like the v1 with P4 better than the other 2 .

Firecop

Newly Enlightened
Sweet! Thanks, guys...I was really worried about putting too much elbow grease into the removal.

I tend to break stuff-it must be the firefighter training..

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just finished the "freeze pop" method and it works so well. it took 4 treatments. but i cant get the led out....

Edit: got it, just took some force. :twothumbs

Last edited:

ledaholic

Enlightened
You freeze popped a T4? Thats a pretty nifty trick since the T4 has a large hole in the side of the barrel and the head is screwed on the body.:confused:

i just finished the "freeze pop" method and it works so well. it took 4 treatments. but i cant get the led out....

Edit: got it, just took some force. :twothumbs

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
no it wasnt a T4, i was just saying that i did that to my older X1ish model Inova. sorry if i confused you. i thought since you talked about the freeze-pop method it would be okay to post my personal results.

ledaholic

Enlightened
no it wasnt a T4, i was just saying that i did that to my older X1ish model Inova. sorry if i confused you. i thought since you talked about the freeze-pop method it would be okay to post my personal results.

No sweat, the older I get the easier it is to confuse me! :sigh:
I just didn't want anyone to try to freeze pop their T4 and possibly damage it.

Jason Liddell

Newly Enlightened
You freeze popped a T4? Thats a pretty nifty trick since the T4 has a large hole in the side of the barrel and the head is screwed on the body.:confused:

I've looked at the freeze pop method. I'm wondering if i was to put like heater hose over switch and charging holes on T4, then place several hose clamps tightened down so it shouldn't budge. Do you then think the freeze pop off method would work?