Need Help Acessorizing My New Fenix P2T RB80!

jag-engr

Enlightened
Mods: I'm not sure if this belongs in this section or not. I have also posted this on EDCF.

Just last Friday I finally assembled a Fenix P2T RB80. Following the advice of bondr006 here on CPF, I used an L1T/L2T v2.0 head and a P2D body and tailcap and switched out the clicky mechanism to a forward clicky. I now have a two-stage, forward-clicky (with momentary on), 1XCR123 light. The primary mode (Fenix calls it low, but I disagree) is great for 99% of tasks, and, in the even that I need more light, I can easily twist the bezel for a high mode. No matter how many times I turn it off and on, it won't accidentally go into some crazy strobe or SOS mode.

My EX10 is going to have to go to back-up duty. I still value the EX10 for it's really low mode, but the Smart PD just feels clunky, now. The simplicity of the single-mode operation is just more intuitive. I imagine that this is why people like Surefire flashlights so much. (For those about to suggest that I should just get a Surefire, you may be right, but I prefer the Fenix's lack of aggressive knurling and small bezel).

Now that I may have found my perfect EDC, I want to tweak it to exactly what I want.

I would like a rubber ring to facilitate the cigar grip. I suppose the simplest solution would be to get a large O-ring. However, I have observed that some people have used thick washer-like rings. I would prefer to use these as they would not be able to roll along the flashlight. Even better yet, I have seen some people use washer-like rings with a white O-ring (I assume GITD) sort of embedded in them. Could anyone tell me what these are and point me to a good source? A picture or link to a picture in another thread would be helpful, as well. I've seen them before, but I can't seem to find a picture of them now.

I have a great lanyard already (inspired by 0dBm's lanyards on EDCF), but I would like to change the attachment point. The lanyard attachment point on the Fenix tailcap works OK, but I would like to attach it at the front of the tailcap, as is commonly done with Surefire flashlights. In this thread, SALT pointed to the Surefire Z33 Lanyard System that is available for Surefire lights. Does anyone know if the 'welded steel lanyard ring' will fit a Fenix?