New Wolf-Eyes on sight...The Champion.

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
Wolf-Eyes Champion. :thumbsup:
Good things in my point of view:
-Type III finish. I have been disliking anything else than type III (and nitrolon) lately...and from now on..
-Cigar grip, although i don´t use it with a gun, it´s still nice to hold and active light with "mid-hand position".
-Clip with bezel down carrying which prefer.
-Sleek design and little more compact than Sniper and Defender.

So actually i like all "new things" this has got and very likely this is going to my shopping cart in near future :rolleyes:

Waiting more info from Mike or Glen... ;)

HeadCSO

Enlightened
That's a really nice looking light. Looks quite pocketable as well.

harddrive

Enlightened
That's the best looking WE light to date! The way I read it the reflector is 21mm? I wonder if D21 modules will be offered down the track when new emitters are released?

Any idea of price for these Glen?

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting looking light. Looks like it would be a great light for LEO's to carry off duty or even on duty.

Last edited:

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might sound like a dumb question, but...
What's that multi-colored thingy at the far right of the top banner on the Wolf-Eyes web site?

(sorry for going slightly off topic)

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

(i was secretly hoping i've missed a multi-color light announcement :D)

Glen C

Enlightened
Jauno, you are very observant! Here is a comparison photo with a Pila GL2, Surefire E2D, WE Champion, Surefire 6P and WE Sniper. Harddrive as you correctly surmised it is roughly E2D size and will be priced in Sniper/Defender territory. It does use a 21mm drop in which is quite long with a lot of metal in it.

wolfeyescomauchampionwx0.jpg

I will have more information when I get a chance to look at these more thoroughly. I have some details up presently at http://wolfeyes.com.au/wolf-eyes-champion-p-119.html

Any questions just ask.

harddrive

Enlightened
I think it looks great :thumbsup:

The 2xCR123/ 1x18650 LED lights is a tough market with so many good things to choose from. Will be interested to see beam shots and runtime graphs.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Momentary switch?(Oops, guess it is the regular WE clickie. Still good!) Is bezel up carry possible? The 17670 compatiblity is great.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Looks 100% better than the other WE lights.
I hope there will be an option to buy just the light alone to save on costs.:candle:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looks good.

How is the clip attached to the light? Same as the Angel?

Glen C

Enlightened
Few quick answers, the clip is removable, the clickie is the WE style but a touch firmer, the light can be bought bare (as most buyers in Aus are professional users I advertise a complete solution but will supply what the user prefers), I don't think bezel up with the clip is an option. Harddrive, we have a secret weapon to compete against the other 2 x CR123, 18650 lights in Aus - spare parts and service! :laughing:

As requested , here is a picture of the D21 drop in

d21dt4.jpg

KeeperSD

Enlightened
This one snuck in under the radar, i only checked the WE site about a week ago. I almost missed this thread too.

The boss certainly won't be happy, another WE to spend some cash on. Glenn would you say it is aimed at the market of the E series from SF? How is the beam pattern on it? Any chance of a pic of the reflector/emitter?

Taking a 168B means it isn't 18650 compatible? Means it will have to take a 17670 as already stated by anycal?

An email will be inbound to you shortly Glenn :wave:

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Hi Keeper, not 18650 compatible only 17670. I would say it is aimed at anyone who is after a sleeker high powered flashlight, would go well under a suit for a D. The throw seems a little less than Sniper and beam has a little less spill, both probably due to the 21mm diameter rather than 26mm. Just tried taking a photo of the reflector, flash is too much, will take one tomorrow with daylight. This shot I took today shows some of the reflector, it is quite deep with light OP.