OK, Here It Is - The E1e-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
After much tribulation, the bezel finally came off. Luxeon lens went in, here's what you get:

Here ya go, E1e-LS !

e1els2.jpg

e1els3.jpg

Lambda

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!

Kevin, how much are *THOSE* selling for?
grin.gif

I presume there's the same Illuminator/IllPill magic in that E1e head?

I hope to find a few of 'em on your website sometime soon...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the reg. E1-e supposed to be putting out about 15-18 lumens? Since that LS is rated about the same, why does the LS look so strong? Or is that running the new Lambertian LS?
-I presume you're running that mod on the standard Li cell-with direct drive. Am I right?

Inquiring minds want to know..
grin.gif

bucken

Enlightened
WOW! That's what I've been waiting for. Will you have any for sale? How'd you get the bezel open? How'd you make the connections? And on and on he goes... Yes, inquiring minds want to know!

-bucken-

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1e-LS is using the Illuminator circuit to drive the Luxeon nice and bright.

Direct drive on 3V isn't bright enough to go through all that work! Yes, the bezel comes off, but only after certain Gods have been prayed to, and the chicken bones shaken just right.......

This mod was done at the request of STARLIGHT, who urged me to point of no return with the little E1e. This will be a one way ticket to LS, as some machining of the head assembly is required to make the lens fit.

Just amazing that such a little flashlight can make so much light.

Darell

Flashaholic
While you're praying to your gods, we're all holding hands and chanting "Kevin!, Kevin!, Kevin!"

Finally. I HOLA for the E1.

Fantastic! Now, what's the runtime on that little guy?

Starlight

Enlightened
We have known all along that Kevin is a genius, but this is unique. He has out-fired Surefire and out-arced Arc. He has improved on the mod that several others tried with an Arc LS head on an E1e. It is brighter, and fully regulated. Kevin, you da man!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Starlight:
We have known all along that Kevin is a genius, but this is unique. He has out-fired Surefire and out-arced Arc. He has improved on the mod that several others tried with an Arc LS head on an E1e. It is brighter, and fully regulated. Kevin, you da man!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about that, but what would everyone prefer?

Brighter light with 30-45 min run time, or Illuminator brightness for (hopefully) the same 2+ hours?

Have to do run time test tomorrow, but which circuit????

Starlight

Enlightened
Don't be modest. You know the saying about not hiding your light under a bushel. I would prefer the brighter light, but only if it is regulated. Batteries are cheap.

Darell

Flashaholic
I like the 2hrs... but how do you get the same runtime out of fewer miliamp-hours?

Starlight - "fully regulated?" I don't think so. Many people seem to confuse semi-regulated with fully regulated. The genius part I agree with, however.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Way Cool Lambda!

Any comments on the water resistance after your mod? I assume the pyrex lens is still in place?

How about more pictures :)

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lambda:
I don't know about that, but what would everyone prefer?

Brighter light with 30-45 min run time, or Illuminator brightness for (hopefully) the same 2+ hours?

Have to do run time test tomorrow, but which circuit????
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lambda, Brighter light! Brighter light! If I want runtime, I'll tote along a LW3000 or something. The only thing that would beat your E1e-LS for light density is a E1e-LS Hydra!

shocked.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McGizmo:
Way Cool Lambda!

Any comments on the water resistance after your mod? I assume the pyrex lens is still in place?

How about more pictures :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be the same as the original, yes, pyrex lens and all, nothing is changed as far as the basic E1e, all changes are internal......

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
[QB]I like the 2hrs... but how do you get the same runtime out of fewer miliamp-hours?
QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't !

I'm just guessing at mah capacity for cr123, I don't even know what it is, but everyone is gun-ho about liths, I figured 1CR=2AA ?

Help me out here what's 2AA equal to in mah to 1CR123?

I've been too busy lately being Mr assembly line, that I've not had much time to be Lambda making new stuff and keeping track of battery densities vs ground drift and angular spin.

Take nothing I say or do as fact, I've been infected with some kind of photonic bug that I just can't shake............
cool.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Kevin -

Stick this thing down in the modified lights forum... I keep losing it up here!

If I remember correctly, AA Alks do about 2000 mAh while an SF 123 does 1300. So, if I'm anywhere near right, your Illuminator is playing around with about 3x as many of those little mAh's.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

As the world gets smaller and smaller, so do the Lambdas, I see...nice mod!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
[QB]Kevin -

Stick this thing down in the modified lights forum... I keep losing it up here!

QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine by me.........Empath?

Status
Not open for further replies.