SureFire M3 or M3T

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Keeping in mind that I already have an M6 and that the M6 and M3T share the same bezel, in choosing the M3T or the M3, which should I get? Comparing the M3T with the 9p and SRTH, which light would produce the furthest throw?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the SRTH will give the furthest throw. I've owned all the lights you mention and it is a tough choice. Ultimately I would have to go with the M3. I like the output of the MN11 a lot. It comes down to size (is it an issue?) and if you want long throw (M3T w/MN16) or a wall of light (M3 w/MN11).

In your case I would get the M3 and buy a MN16 seperately, so that you can use the M6 bezel on the M3 with the MN16 and you'll have the best of both. And if you end up liking the M3T better then you can just sell your M3 bezel and LA's in the B/S/T forum and buy a M3T bezel.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks. That's exactly what I'm doing. I ordered the M3 from Dan at Tactical Warehouse an hour or so ago. I had the M3 sometime ago, but sold it. I like the fact that it has everything the 9p+SRTH is lacking. I like the throw and beam of the SRTH, but I just don't like lexan, not to mention it doesn't have shock isolation.

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
It looks like M3T reflector is some what the same as the KT2 reflector, at least the same size. So can you expect M3T will have a better beam than KT2 (which I remember people say it has a lousy beam)

eel

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nascar,

For throw of a different flavor, down the road you can get a KL6 for the M3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Nascar, what a coincidence, I just ordered an M3 from Dan about 7 hours ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I already have an M3... that's how much I like it. One for work, one for home.

You're going to really appreciate the M3's features. It's an extremely nice sized light for its output, and just feels perfect in the hand. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about a SFM6... I've never owned one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Somedayyyyy... somedayyyyy...

-Jim