Novatac Clicky Problem...

shomie911

Enlightened
My Novatac 120P's clicky isn't all that reliable. Sometimes I can click it 2-3 times and nothing happens (granted I don't push squarely onto the button.) Once it took 6-7 clicks with the flat part of my thumb. It happens left often if I push hard with the pointy part of my thumb. Also when I click, sometimes the switch "double clicks" and goes to the next light mode, which I attribute to the switch.

Is this normal? Does Novatac replace things like this for fee?

Thanks in advance.

Zenster

Enlightened
I don't know how you're "attacking" the button, but since the button on the P model is flush, it always works best when you sort of use the "point" of your thumb to operate it. Always.

Then, work on your timing which isn't difficult at all, but it is something you have to acquire a knack for.

Yes, the switch may be bad, but I'd recommend that you play with it quite a bit more before sending it in.
On the other hand, Novatac has a stellar reputation for backing up their products so if you do have to send it in, you will be happy with the outcome.

Still, work with it a bit more. It's most likely your technique.

smopoim86

Enlightened
Have you made sure the contact spring inside is touching both ends well?

Aso, make sure that the retaining ring holding the switch in place is not loose.

shomie911

Enlightened
I don't know how you're "attacking" the button, but since the button on the P model is flush, it always works best when you sort of use the "point" of your thumb to operate it. Always.

Then, work on your timing which isn't difficult at all, but it is something you have to acquire a knack for.

Yes, the switch may be bad, but I'd recommend that you play with it quite a bit more before sending it in.
On the other hand, Novatac has a stellar reputation for backing up their products so if you do have to send it in, you will be happy with the outcome.

Still, work with it a bit more. It's most likely your technique.

It seems that the switch is still a bit finicky.

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened
I think you guys were right, after using it more it seems perfectly reliable, it's just how you press the button. I'm still trading it though, I have too many lights that do the same thing. Streamlight Microstream (pocket clip), Arc-AAA (keychain), and if I ever need more than the throw of the microstream (doubtful in any indoor or medium range outdoor environment), then I bring my aspherical mag or P4 mag. Plus the V5 KD Buckle light I ordered should be enough for any showing off I might want to do. :laughing:

(By the way I'm looking for Surefire P60 compatible lights to put in the glove compartment of my truck, PM me if your interested and we could work out a trade/sale.)