Not so easy Novatac 85P LED mod question... :-|

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Hi everyone...

I have a Novatac 85P on the way and would like to install a 'current' LED in it. I have owned the 120P but sold it as I wanted the ARC 6, I don't think that is going to happen. :candle:

My question is:

Is the 120P setup to run a certain level of current/voltage (I'm not sure which) from the factory, and if so will replacing the LED show any sign of improvement at all, or is the different levels of maximum output only related to the type of LED used in each model? :shrug:

While you are here, would you mind giving me a recommendation on which LED I should be using as the latest and overall brightest in this mod? :thinking:

Thanks in advance.

SQ

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I know the 85s seems to be the same light as the 120s except with the output programmed to max at a different level. I could have the wrong info though.

The latest Seoul P4 seems to be the U2 bin, which should improve the output of the lights. My guess is that it won't be too visible though.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anything the biggest improvement will be in tint if your 85 has crappy tint. The output increase is on the order of 10-30% when going from a low end Ubin to a really good U2 bin. So that's about 9-20lm increase. Don't bet on getting the 30%. There's going to be more light but it's not going to be noticable.