RofisLight        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot body found in Georgia

Default Bigfoot body found in Georgia

Anyone else seen the news release on Fox news today? Press conference scheduled for Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8YKIV840Ng

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/pa...ml?theme=light
    Last edited by Dawg; 08-13-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Default Re: Bigfoot body found in Georgia

I think I'm inclined to be as skeptical as Scientific American. Fox isn't credible enough to overcome it, and certainly Coast To Coast isn't credible.

I think the last time someone sent a bunch of hair for DNA testing on what they claimed to be a bigfoot find, it ended up matching bison hair.

I read this, and thought:

"Where is this? I bet it must be somewhere unverifiable..."

And yes, it's in Georgia. A current war zone.

Most of the "Big 7" are here fulfilled.

I'd like to believe they really exist, but...

Oddly, in a similar vein, tonight on a local TV news broadcast they showed a video of what was claimed to be a Chupacabra. Looked to me to be just a mangy dog running down the road.

Geoff

Flashaholic*

It's from the U.S State of Georgia, not the country...

The "Pres Conference" is about an hour from me, and I'm half tempted to go...to see probably nothing...

--dan
    There's more to a light than its output.

CPF Member 13...

Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Fox isn't credible enough to overcome it
    Did they claim it was true? Or did they just report the story?
    If any other were to claim the other drive by media companies were "not credible enough to overcome .." the thread would be locked.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

How about holding the conference "after" some independent lab results are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    Did they claim it was true? Or did they just report the story?
    If any other were to claim the other drive by media companies were "not credible enough to overcome .." the thread would be locked.
    I don't know how Fox reported it, since I don't know any more about how it was presented there than anyone else does.

As for the claim that if anyone else had said they didn't find Fox credible, it would be closed, are you basing that on a belief that we consider certain broadcasters as sacred topics or something? It doesn't make sense.

Here again, is the reason you see such reduced rates of postings from moderators and administrators. Whatever they say, there's always someone claiming they have no right, or shouldn't say whatever they said. After awhile, it just gets to where we figure we'll back off and not post. I guess we still try once in a while, but it seems there's always someone willing to step forward and let us know we should only be "working" and not participating.

Doesn't it seem strange that some of us used to be very prolific posters?

I don't know how Fox reported it, since I don't know any more about how it was presented there than anyone else does.
    That makes your post seem even more out of character?

Quote Originally Posted by Empath
    As for the claim that if anyone else had said they didn't find Fox credible, it would be closed, are you basing that on a belief that we consider certain broadcasters as sacred topics or something? It doesn't make sense.
    I meant any other(not Fox) and yes if put in the light you did. Your post was derogatory toward Fox was it not?(and Coast to Coast)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath
    Here again, is the reason you see such reduced rates of postings from moderators and administrators. Whatever they say, there's always someone claiming they have no right, or shouldn't say whatever they said. After awhile, it just gets to where we figure we'll back off and not post. I guess we still try once in a while, but it seems there's always someone willing to step forward and let us know we should only be "working" and not participating.

No, please post, I am no one. This is an area were a tad bit of latitude is granted. Just because I disagree doesn't prevent you from presenting your views?

As for Coast to Coast, I listen and yes there are some "out there" folks as guests from time to time, they are treating this story with a healthy heap of skepticism too until some "real" evidence is forth coming.

Please accept my apology for causing you to feel you should not post, your eloquent posts are of value here.

Flashaholic

Hello,

I'd like to believe... I'll be convinced when there is unbiased scientific evaluation of the corpse and a picture that doesn't look like a dead bear and a Halloween mask stuffed in a freezer. I doubt this is related at all, but wasn't the overrated "hogzilla" also from georgia?

Still, it is interesting to see this actually make the news. I thought most sightings were out west, but maybe they are closer to home (SW-VA) than I thought!

-Jon

Like Empath and others I simply think it`s nonsense...blame it on the History Channel and the Sci-fi channel. Along with ufo nonsense...mostly the History channel...one would expect more reality based programming.

Guess reality is just not as interesting as what if nonsense.

Think about this...through time man has never found a bigfoot...not one...but to provicate...reproduce...a bigfoot finds another big foot and raises bigfoot babies...come on.

Lockness monster, bigfoot and ufo`s from other worlds...nonsense...total entertainment...no fact. Like dragons...ghosts...just myths. Good for scaring kids around a fire on a camping trip. Thats it.

Some poor escaped gorrila maybe.
    Last edited by Badbeams3; 08-14-2008 at 10:58 AM.

That makes your post seem even more out of character?

I meant any other(not Fox) and yes if put in the light you did. Your post was derogatory toward Fox was it not?(and Coast to Coast)

No, please post, I am no one. This is an area were a tad bit of latitude is granted. Just because I disagree doesn't prevent you from presenting your views?

As for Coast to Coast, I listen and yes there are some "out there" folks as guests from time to time, they are treating this story with a healthy heap of skepticism too until some "real" evidence is forth coming.

Please accept my apology for causing you to feel you should not post, your eloquent posts are of value here.

I saw the broadcast and Fox reported it laughing all the way through it... Megan Kelly was invited next week to go to an undisclosed location and see it for herself. It looked like a Ape costume in a broken freezer. The two guys that found it let the original boggie creek monster HUNTER be the official hyper! Supposedly scientist have samples of DNA and will reveal next week... Most definitely selling BS!

James, I can't believe your feeling shy

Cheers

Last edited by Lips; 08-14-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: added HUNTER

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    Think about this...through time man has never found a bigfoot...not one...but to provicate...reproduce...a bigfoot finds another big foot and raises bigfoot babies...come on.

Some poor escaped gorrila maybe.
    Given todays technology how did 125,000 gorillas go undetected until recently?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26016923/

Given todays technology how did 125,000 gorillas go undetected until recently?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26016923/
    MSNBC, are they credible?

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    Like Empath and others I simply think it`s nonsense...blame it on the History Channel and the Sci-fi channel. Along with ufo nonsense...mostly the History channel...one would expect more reality based programming.
    Might be nonsense, but bigfoot, UFO's and a whole bunch of other urban legends have been vigorously pursued by people long before any of the mentioned cable channels were created.

What are you guys talking about?

I've got BigFoot coming over tonight for a barbecue in his own UFO!

Mini split rings for attaching lanyard trick. D10 DIY diffuser trick.

I got a bridge for sale if somebody's interested.

Greenled...please move your post to the buy sell area...you know the rules

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    I got a bridge for sale if somebody's interested.
    Is it this bridge?

New York's Brooklyn Bridge may be up for sale in controversial new plans being considered by the city's new mayor Michael Bloomberg.

The world-famous bridge, along with three other New York bridges, may be sold in an attempt to plug a budget deficit of nearly $5bn.
    Is the BBC a creditable source?

-Bill

These guys may be pulling off a hoax but does that completely discredit many credible witnesses?
    The gorilla was a mythical creature until its discovery.
    What if they do have the corpse of an unknown bipedal primate? Will those who scoffed and made wise comments come post that they were wrong?

Am I a credible source?

I for one will be glued to Fox watching this story. Not because of Bigfoot, but because of Megan.

Empath,

I enjoy reading each and everyone of your posts, and I find myself coming here less every week because of the exact issue you just reported. My posts have been misinterpreted, and although it doesn't make me mad it does sometimes hurt my feelings.

Again I enjoy your posts and I hope that you and the other moderators will consider how most of us feel about your knowledge, opinions, and expertise.

Sorry to get off topic. As for the topic I am extremely scheptical. Although it is hard to understand how and why so many people from all over the world report seeing some form of Bigfoot? So who knows?

Bill
    Last edited by Hitthespot; 08-14-2008 at 06:47 PM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

I once saw a little man in a grey business suit carrying a brown briefcase walk out from behind one tree in the forest, in front of some bushes, and disappear behind another tree. He was a couple inches tall based on his apparent size in front bushes. The image was clear, distinct, and I am absolutely sure I was not pulling a hoax on myself.

The 2 explanations that come to mind:
    - Leprachauns are stalking the woods I was in. Ones that seem to like business attire. All the anecdotal evidence of little people is true. Littlefoot lives!
    - I was nuttier than a fruitcake and hallucinating from lack of sleep (2 nights with 3 hours each, followed by maybe 15 minutes the night before the sighting).

I know which one seems simpler and requires less assumptions on my part. Barring independently verifiable proof, I'm thinking it's the fruitcake explanation. I can still see the little guy in my memory though.

I miss you Littlefoot! Come back and I promise I won't take your Lucky Charms!

Let's just wait until we see some results. Will it be real evidence or backpedaling? Either way it should be entertaining.

These guys may be pulling off a hoax but does that completely discredit many credible witnesses?
    The gorilla was a mythical creature until its discovery.
    What if they do have the corpse of an unknown bipedal primate? Will those who scoffed and made wise comments come post that they were wrong?

Am I a credible source?
    Well...it looks like a gorilla to me. These guys reporting to have found a bigfoot...need a brighter light upstairs...or just haven`t been to a zoo lately. The question is...I think...how did a gorilla end up there. If it was released alive should thoughs involved be charge with animal abuse? If they could be found...
    Last edited by Badbeams3; 08-14-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baterija View Post
    The image was clear, distinct, and I am absolutely sure I was not pulling a hoax on myself.
    If it helps I once saw a UFO in my backyard. It was just big enough to hold a passenger of the size you described. I only saw it hover for a second before it flew off into the sky at a high rate of speed. This was when I was about two years old so I'm sure it was the product of a developing mind.

Another time I wasn't seeing right was right after a car hit me and my motorcycle. I memorized the licence plate of the car (which did stop). My memory was completely wrong. I also looked at my motorcycle and saw my small license plate was torn off and bent up from the crash. When I saw it days later the plate was on the bike and not a scratch. I was wearing a helmet but the impact caused me to not see things as they really were.

Saw this thread earlier and dismissed it. Then I just saw an article on CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/14/big...ody/index.html Guess this story has some life yet. Maybe I'll go looking for some menehunes later.

Quote Originally Posted by bruddamoke View Post
    Saw this thread earlier and dismissed it. Then I just saw an article on CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/14/big...ody/index.html Guess this story has some life yet. Maybe I'll go looking for some menehunes later.
    Interesting, the article says they are also claiming to have found a den of living bigfoots. I'm really curious how this claim is going to play out.

7 foot 7 inches huh?

and there are more of them?

wonder if these things can dribble a basketball..........

I think it would be sad if it is true. After all, it would mean a great mythological beast would be now at the whim of mankind. The one pictured in the freezer has what looks like an abdominal wound with spillage of the intestines. Could it have been found at the end of a gun barrel?

A good thing would be that they would probably get endangered status. The guys who claim to have found it are also exerting that they will capture a live one soon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast