Inova x03 5.8 watt

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend just bought this light at target(without asking for my advice!) and I was wondering what people knew about this like. I think I saw that it uses a KL2 and it claims to put out around 80 lumens for 2-2.5 hours. How is the tint? I have a kl2 light and it is quite purplish. Thanks, although I guess it can't help her now.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think the "5.8 watt version is either a Luxeon K2 or Luxeon TFFC K2. Both use a reflector.

The tint depends on what bin they took the LED from. It doesn't depend on the model of LED.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
target's got a good return policy, open her up and test it out and return it if u dont like it.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, i dont know why she bought it without out me for 54.99 even if it is a decent light she could get way better for the price. 54.99 plus tax she could've gotten a fenix.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
maybe shes a flashholic ( and doesnt even know it ) and couldnt wait to get a flashlight! lol

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
heh, it would be great if I finally turned one of my friends!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X03 is a great solidly built light. I have both versions, but I think the new version you are talking about here is much better. It is very bright and should last. I can not comment on the runtime as I have never tested it.

Mike

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think Inova ever updated their X series lights to use the TFFC K2. If they did, it probably wouldn't use 5.8 watts to get 80 lumens. The light probably uses the older K2 which means it's 2-3 times less efficient than the 2008 T series lights with the TFFC K2. Still a good, tough light. Stainless steel rings are on both ends unlike the T series lights making it more drop proof. It's a twisty which makes the switch more reliable. Just because it isn't the best and brightest doesn't mean it's not a good, well built light.