Help on soldering

Yesse

Newly Enlightened
Ok I´m going to have my drivers on next week and want to be sure how to solder those in parallel.

Drivers are theese: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3256

Would be nice if someone can make a picture to show where I should solder wires to make 2 of those works in parallel.

My father knows something about this kind things but I don´t allways trust on his knowledge so better to ask for people who had made this kind things before.

Thanks!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not all circuits work well in parallel. I'm not an expert though so can't tell if these will

Parallel is easy. For the output wires, connect red to red and black to black effectively ending up with one red and one black output for one LED.

For the input, the little disc in the center is +ve in and the ring around the end is -ve in. To connect in parallel, connect ring to ring and disc to disc again, with the result of having one -ve and one +ve.

Try your best to keep connectons as short as possible. You may have to stack one board on top of the other for this. If the output wires are long, twist them together before soldering to the LED.

BTW, are you sure you want these two in parallel?(1600ma to one LED is too much.) Would you be powering one or more LEDs with the combination?

Yesse

Newly Enlightened
Not all circuits work well in parallel. I'm not an expert though so can't tell if these will

Parallel is easy. For the output wires, connect red to red and black to black effectively ending up with one red and one black output for one LED.

For the input, the little disc in the center is +ve in and the ring around the end is -ve in. To connect in parallel, connect ring to ring and disc to disc again, with the result of having one -ve and one +ve.

Try your best to keep connectons as short as possible. You may have to stack one board on top of the other for this. If the output wires are long, twist them together before soldering to the LED.

BTW, are you sure you want these two in parallel?(1600ma to one LED is too much.) Would you be powering one or more LEDs with the combination?

I´m doing a torch like this: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/183261

Thanks for information, I´ll try handle with those.
If it just broke my led, then I try find another driver.
Just near every driver have 5-9999 modes and I only need 1 or 2.