Instant Messaging for CPF Members

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I was curious as to which (if any) instant messaging program you folks us. Also, feel free to post your nickname.

On MSN Messenger, I am this_is_nascar.
On Yahoo Instant Messenger, I am this_is_nascar.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I don't use any of the IM products or any of the Chat products, except for the CPF chat area that Saaby runs.
And on that product, I go by "tOLiEt" or "uRiNe pOtAtO" so I think everybody knows who it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I use ICQ... I have YM and MSN somewhere but I don't like them so I never turn them on. To give you an idea how long I've been on ICQ, I still have my original account and it's only a 6 digit number... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all about Trillian, people. You can use AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo....all at the same time. Plus, you can have multiple user names for each chat! Check it out! (And no, I don't work for them. hehe)

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com

Greta

Flashaholic
Ray... ICQ.

Pet peeves about instant messaging... anyone have any? I don't like it when the other person doesn't wait for me to answer and just keeps sending more messages.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
To give you an idea how long I've been on ICQ, I still have my original account and it's only a 6 digit number... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
My REI coop number is only a 6 digit number...does that count? I get frustrated with folk's inability to type as fast as we talk (I type about 75wpm and of course we speak much faster than that, eh?)...so I avoid IMs.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my biggest pet peeve is the fact that ICQ and AIM are both owned by AOL, but they can't talk to each other directly. I also hate it when people leave their ICQ or AIM on, but then go off somewhere for hours! I can't tell if they're ignoring me or just gone! Most likely they're ignoring me...haha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Ray... now you see why a 6 digit number is OLD??? LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Ray... ICQ.

Pet peeves about instant messaging... anyone have any? I don't like it when the other person doesn't wait for me to answer and just keeps sending more messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anyone that does that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Ray... ICQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anyone that does that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You drive me nuts!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey...I have 7 digit ICQ number! hehe. Wow, I can't believe ICQ is up to so many digits now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Imagine that. One person per ICQ number in the US... It's like Social Security... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The newer ICQ can do emoticons, but when people do ;;;OO or (-) (-) or ) . (

You know it's time to get up and drink a cup of milk... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
REI digits=6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ICQ digits=8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif