Something weid inside my L1

roksx

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed that when I shake my L1, it sounds like there is a loose part inside of it. The sound is coming from the head-side of the body, and it doesn't make any noise when I use the beam on high.
Is that something that could damage my light later on? It didn't do this when I just got the light. Can I open the body to fix it?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shouldn't be the switch if you have a battery inside. Take the light apart into three pieces and see if any of them rattles. If it's still where you say it is, my best guess is the driver board/positive contact may be loose and when on high the spring tension is enough to hold it in place? :confused:

litetube

Enlightened
There was a thread on the Cree L1 and problems with the 1st run of the light on CPF back from a year or more I think. I cant seem to find it doing a search but you might have better luck . I would say send it back to SF for replacement, things shouldnt be rattling around inside no matter what that is not normal for sure. I guess it is good that it keeps working when certain pieces fall off though:(

roksx

Newly Enlightened
Re: Something weird inside my L1

Thanks for the input.
The problem is definitely in the body of the light. Though the light still works, the rattling sounds makes you wonder for how long. I've search some older posts and did indeed find some people with the same problem, they all sent their lights back to Surefire

I'm kind of getting annoyed by this, it's my second Surefire product and the second one I'm having problems with. They'll start thinking I'm doing this on purpose :/

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
both my L4 and my U2 do this

when i opened my L4 after it died i found one of the heatsink holding screws was loose and rattling around inside the head

Latest posts