21 18.42%
  • Lanyard

2 1.75%
  • Around my neck

4 3.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you prefer?

Default What do you prefer?

I would like to see how the members on this forum carry their light(s)... Do you like it concealed or out in the open? Hanging from a lanyard? Clipped in the pocket? Bezel up, bezel down.

I mostly keep it bezel down in my pocket or bezel down clipped to my belt under my shirt so when the light is deployed my thumb is already on the tailcap.
    Its better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Default Re: What do you prefer?

Most of my lights are small enough to just be down in a pocket. If the light has a clip it will be used bezel down in the pocket.

Geoff

I pocket carry all my lights.
    I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Flashaholic*

My Always carry is a MillerMods Arc AAA Cree 25mA low 1.5W High. carried in watch pocket in the blue jeans
    If I'm outside in the yard at night, I have a MiniMag 2 AA in a factory holster.
    BTW, that MiniMag Has a Cree Q5 in a modded IMS20 reflector driven by a Son-Of-Buck 917mA sandwich powered by two AW 14500 LiIons. What a cool MiniMag!!!
    Ask not what Flashoholics can do for you, but what can you do for Flashoholics

Depends on the light...

6P/501B = large cargo shorts/pants pocket
    RC-C3 = small case on belt
    RC-N3 (RCR123) = clipped inside pocket or small case on belt
    RC-N3 (2AA), minimag, ROV Sportsman, Task Force = backpack
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

I voted belt even though there's always at least one light in my pocket, typically a CR2-Ion. But, since I EDC so much other stuff, I normally have my EX-10 in a Fenix holster on my belt right behind my cell phone where it goes unnoticed. I have yet to have someone ask what it is.

On the weekends, when I'm in cargo shorts, my lights will always be in my cargo pocket. So.....I guess pocket & belt.

Yeah cargo shorts are great for EDCing alot of things. I wore jeans today and what a pain between the lights, keychain full of gadgets and what not. I like the summer for that but then again the winter for having a nice jacket with lots of pockets
    Its better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Mostly in a pocket.

I didn't see a choice for "All of the above" which is mandatory for flashaholics...
    Mini split rings for attaching lanyard trick. D10 DIY diffuser trick.

My Edc is normally clipped to my waistband, however if I'm going into a major city or something, I'll attach a lanyard to it, clip into my pocket and tie the cord to my beltloop.

Mayo
    Torch Collection

*Where fact is fiction and TV, reality*

Flashaholic*

I prefer my EDC clipped to the front of my pocket with bezel down that way the pocket can still be used to hold other things. If my EDC at the time does not have a clip the pocket it is in is solely for that light, nothing else. I don't like my light to be in the same pocket with other things for obvious reasons.

My old McLuxs (of course updated to today's standards) are still one of my favorite EDCs. They have nice strong Ti clips. I like the clips to be tight so there's no risk of loosing it. Of all my lights I like the tension of the original McLux clips the best. The PD-S clip comes in second but the PD-S is my main EDC.
    -Will-

Sorry, I have retired from flashlight modding & I do not make custom flashlights. Thank you for your understanding.

My Mod Archive

Of the given options I do pocket the most. I prefer bezel down.
    I also carry in pouches, clipped inside the backpack, in a small bag in the backpack, etc. And then of course some lights are too big for the pocket.
    1) Neutral white, it's the new black. Heck, it's not even "new" anymore.
    2) User Interface... KISS.
    3) Proprietary cells and battery packs - Just say NO!

Voted belt but any more than 2 lights on the belt looks like I have a mental disease (I do).. so the other 2-3 or more usually go in the pocket.

Eric
    -Eric

My PDS in a Kazu holster since, not looking back...very secure and affordable.
    SF E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    CRK 21L Umnumzaan Strider SmF ZT0560BK SPY PM2 BM 556 551-1302 ​LSTEEL HEAT HEFT4

Flashaholic*

I usually EDC a P2D or LOD and I carry them clipped inside my pocket bezel down.Both lights have a small split ring attached that I use in conjuction with a small Nite-Ize S clip.I have also used the 35MM McGizmo clip this way.

I voted pocket, but that's only for my P1DCE Q5 on my personal key chain. My other personal lights go in my ever present back pack.

Once I'm at work I belt carry a P3D R100 in a holster next to either a Leatherman Squirt P4 in a Fenix P1D holster (nice small package) or Leatherman Charge TTi, and a large bunch of keys with a trit and an Inka pen all on a retractable Kevlar line. Used to have my mobile phone and PDA on the other side but the staff upgraded my nick name from Inspector Gadget to Batman!
    Gladius; SF E1e+Veleno 2x E2e+Veleno, G3+9vLED, G2L, 9P+FM34+Z49/HO9/EO9; Fenix L2T, P1DCE, P2DCE, P3DCE, L2DCE, P2D R100, P3D R100, T1 SMO; HDS Rotary; Mini-Mag AA+TLux 5W,Mag 2D+TLux 5W, 6D; LegionII MCE; Nitecore Extrm; Novatac 120P; Solaforce L2+Thurnite XM-L; Zebralight H30-Q5&H60

Always in my pocket

In my hand

I used to carry lights clipped to my front pocket, but ever since I lost a Surefire E1L I have been carrying them in a Gerber sheath on my belt. I haven't lost one since. I carry other things on my belt too so I can sometimes get that Batman look but then I've never been one for fashion.

Mostly in my pocket, but sometimes with a clip, bezel down inside pocket. I wear Woolrich Elite Series slacks(12 pockets) and shorts(10 pockets). I like to carry lots of stuff. What can I say....I'm an EDC junkie

Pics of the Woolrich clothes

Picture of the stuff I carry:

1. Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Head Set
    2. MOTOKRZR K1
    3. Verbatim 4GB Flash Stick
    4. NDI 2nd Gen.
    5. Fenix LOD Q4 w/AW 10440
    6. Milky E1B Transformer
    7. Leatherman Juice XE6
    8. Sandisk Sansa e280 8gb w/SONY MDR-EX51 Headphones
    9. Gerber Fast Draw Spring Assisted, Serrated Edge
    10. Zebra Mini Telescoping Pen
    11. Keys w/Fenix LOD CE w/AW 10440
    12. Watch

Rob Bond

Flashaholic*

To counter the Woolrich stuff, I wear 5.11 pants (and numerous other items from from.)

What are 5.11 pants? Could you please provide a picture or link...or both? Thanks

Edit: Never mind. I found them. Not enough pockets for me. Only 7

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC8301 View Post
    To counter the Woolrich stuff, I wear 5.11 pants (and numerous other items from from.)
    Last edited by bondr006; 08-16-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Add content
    Rob Bond

Around the neck 90% of the time. I got too much stuff in my pocket already. Other 10% its in one of the cargo pockets.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bondr006 View Post
    What are 5.11 pants? Could you please provide a picture or link...or both? Thanks

Edit: Never mind. I found them. Not enough pockets for me. Only 7
    www.511tactical.com I should have posted a link.

I find too many pockets and items in them will lead me to throw stuff I don't want to be washed in the washer (forgetting to take them out.) I am simple enough with stuff in pockets (wallet, cellphone, keys, flashlight, knife, spare mag, and metrocard (a thin slip of palstic with a dedicated right hand cargo pocket so it doesn't bend.) Anything more in pockets and sprinting a few hundred yards for a bus is not a good combination. I run faster with a back pack for all the other stuff that isn't really needed.

I predominantly carry 1AA (D10, NDI, L1T) lights and these fit easily into a trouser or jacket pocket. On the odd occassion that I need to carry a larger light (TK10, SF L4, L2D), I use a belt holster.
    It is not important to be better than someone else, just better than you were yesterday.

Main light on a belt pouch and back up in pockets when at work.

Quote Originally Posted by bondr006 View Post
    Mostly in my pocket, but sometimes with a clip, bezel down inside pocket. I wear Woolrich Elite Series slacks(12 pockets) and shorts(10 pockets). I like to carry lots of stuff. What can I say....I'm an EDC junkie

Pics of the Woolrich clothes

Picture of the stuff I carry:

1. Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Head Set
    2. MOTOKRZR K1
    3. Verbatim 4GB Flash Stick
    4. NDI 2nd Gen.
    5. Fenix LOD Q4 w/AW 10440
    6. Milky E1B Transformer
    7. Leatherman Juice XE6
    8. Sandisk Sansa e280 8gb w/SONY MDR-EX51 Headphones
    9. Gerber Fast Draw Spring Assisted, Serrated Edge
    10. Zebra Mini Telescoping Pen
    11. Keys w/Fenix LOD CE w/AW 10440
    12. Watch

You didn't show your chain and padlock pants-keepy-uppy system with double redundant Maxpedition cross over heavy duty shoulder straps for avoiding the urban 'youth' look!
    Gladius; SF E1e+Veleno 2x E2e+Veleno, G3+9vLED, G2L, 9P+FM34+Z49/HO9/EO9; Fenix L2T, P1DCE, P2DCE, P3DCE, L2DCE, P2D R100, P3D R100, T1 SMO; HDS Rotary; Mini-Mag AA+TLux 5W,Mag 2D+TLux 5W, 6D; LegionII MCE; Nitecore Extrm; Novatac 120P; Solaforce L2+Thurnite XM-L; Zebralight H30-Q5&H60

That's top secret, and you need a security clearance to see those things....

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat! View Post
    You didn't show your chain and padlock pants-keepy-uppy system with double redundant Maxpedition cross over heavy duty shoulder straps for avoiding the urban 'youth' look!
    Rob Bond

At work when I need a light at the ready all the time I find that neck/lanyard carry is best. The light is right where you need it all the time. I can't stand carrying a bunch of stuff in my pockets. I usually have a backpack or bailout bag in which all of the EDC and backup equipment is kept.

Having a bunch of "stuff" in my pockets just gets in my way.
    When I do not use a Lanyard for a neck worn flashlight I use an ART OF THE HIDE or Concealco holster. Both offer a great holster for flashlights.

I always have a backup flashlight somewhere close. Sometimes it is even in a pocket. If so it is the only thing in the pocket. Otherwise there are several flashlights in the bailout bag.
    Yaesumofo
    Support your local flashlight builder.
    Buy American. Stop crying and start Buying.
    Flashlights are tools. Period.

i'm all over the place. I voted belt cause i EDC a fenix TK11 in its case on my belt, but i almost allways have a nitecore NEX, jet II, or novatac 120P in my pocket. on the weekends i have one of the above around my neck. BTW all my lanyards have been homemade or modified using the "jzmtl technique" found in the "I hate lanyards" section here
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...2&postcount=10

Thanks for that by the way. i use the extra large saltwater swivels because they will not rust if the lanyard is under your shirt and subjsect to body sweat for a long period of time. These are more than strong enough, and small enough to fit every light i owns little lanyard hole. GREAT FIND!!!!!!! Thanks jzmtl !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast