Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Lanyard

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Around my neck

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
I would like to see how the members on this forum carry their light(s)... Do you like it concealed or out in the open? Hanging from a lanyard? Clipped in the pocket? Bezel up, bezel down.

I mostly keep it bezel down in my pocket or bezel down clipped to my belt under my shirt so when the light is deployed my thumb is already on the tailcap.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Most of my lights are small enough to just be down in a pocket. If the light has a clip it will be used bezel down in the pocket.

Geoff

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
My Always carry is a MillerMods Arc AAA Cree 25mA low 1.5W High. carried in watch pocket in the blue jeans
If I'm outside in the yard at night, I have a MiniMag 2 AA in a factory holster.
BTW, that MiniMag Has a Cree Q5 in a modded IMS20 reflector driven by a Son-Of-Buck 917mA sandwich powered by two AW 14500 LiIons. What a cool MiniMag!!!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Depends on the light...

6P/501B = large cargo shorts/pants pocket
RC-C3 = small case on belt
RC-N3 (RCR123) = clipped inside pocket or small case on belt
RC-N3 (2AA), minimag, ROV Sportsman, Task Force = backpack

lightsandknives

Enlightened
I voted belt even though there's always at least one light in my pocket, typically a CR2-Ion. But, since I EDC so much other stuff, I normally have my EX-10 in a Fenix holster on my belt right behind my cell phone where it goes unnoticed. I have yet to have someone ask what it is.

On the weekends, when I'm in cargo shorts, my lights will always be in my cargo pocket. So.....I guess pocket & belt.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Yeah cargo shorts are great for EDCing alot of things. I wore jeans today and what a pain between the lights, keychain full of gadgets and what not. I like the summer for that but then again the winter for having a nice jacket with lots of pockets :naughty:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see a choice for "All of the above" which is mandatory for flashaholics... :thinking:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Edc is normally clipped to my waistband, however if I'm going into a major city or something, I'll attach a lanyard to it, clip into my pocket and tie the cord to my beltloop.

Mayo

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I prefer my EDC clipped to the front of my pocket with bezel down that way the pocket can still be used to hold other things. If my EDC at the time does not have a clip the pocket it is in is solely for that light, nothing else. I don't like my light to be in the same pocket with other things for obvious reasons.

My old McLuxs (of course updated to today's standards) are still one of my favorite EDCs. They have nice strong Ti clips. I like the clips to be tight so there's no risk of loosing it. Of all my lights I like the tension of the original McLux clips the best. The PD-S clip comes in second but the PD-S is my main EDC.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the given options I do pocket the most. I prefer bezel down.
I also carry in pouches, clipped inside the backpack, in a small bag in the backpack, etc. And then of course some lights are too big for the pocket. :D

mdocod

Flashaholic
Voted belt but any more than 2 lights on the belt looks like I have a mental disease (I do).. so the other 2-3 or more usually go in the pocket.

Eric

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually EDC a P2D or LOD and I carry them clipped inside my pocket bezel down.Both lights have a small split ring attached that I use in conjuction with a small Nite-Ize S clip.I have also used the 35MM McGizmo clip this way.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I voted pocket, but that's only for my P1DCE Q5 on my personal key chain. My other personal lights go in my ever present back pack.

Once I'm at work I belt carry a P3D R100 in a holster next to either a Leatherman Squirt P4 in a Fenix P1D holster (nice small package) or Leatherman Charge TTi, and a large bunch of keys with a trit and an Inka pen all on a retractable Kevlar line. Used to have my mobile phone and PDA on the other side but the staff upgraded my nick name from Inspector Gadget to Batman!
:devil:

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I used to carry lights clipped to my front pocket, but ever since I lost a Surefire E1L :mecry:I have been carrying them in a Gerber sheath on my belt. I haven't lost one since. I carry other things on my belt too so I can sometimes get that Batman look but then I've never been one for fashion:crackup:.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly in my pocket, but sometimes with a clip, bezel down inside pocket. I wear Woolrich Elite Series slacks(12 pockets) and shorts(10 pockets). I like to carry lots of stuff. What can I say:shrug:....I'm an EDC junkie:laughing:

Pics of the Woolrich clothes

4904.jpg
4905.jpg

Picture of the stuff I carry:

1. Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Head Set
2. MOTOKRZR K1
3. Verbatim 4GB Flash Stick
4. NDI 2nd Gen.
5. Fenix LOD Q4 w/AW 10440
6. Milky E1B Transformer
7. Leatherman Juice XE6
8. Sandisk Sansa e280 8gb w/SONY MDR-EX51 Headphones