Need bulb for Tec 40 using alkaline AA

FNG

Enlightened
I plan on buying a Tec 40 from a local ****s Sporting Goods and was wondering what bulb can I use with alkaline batteries that will give me a really bright light. Ive read about people putting in other bulbs but they all use NiMH batteries. I also have a Surge and just bought 50 AA's on ebay. I dont want to spend $40-$50 for 12 or more rechargeable batteries and a charger at this moment. I did all kinds of searches but everyone here uses NiMH's. Thanks.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
FNG - reson for using NiMhs for the higher-power tec40 bulbs is that the 500ma draw of the standard tec40 bulb is quite enough current for the AA sized Alkalines already - if you want a higher-power bulb you need NiMhs, NiCds or Lithum AAs as these can supply higher currents - just my 2 cents.

Klaus

Al

Enlightened
Experimented quite a lot w/ different bulb-battery combinations ... finally settled on the halogen lamp supplied by PT in the first place. Using NimH's because of flat discharge rate under load. Some lamps were slightly brighter and drew more current, but overall the original halogen that came with the Tec40 proved more than adequate in comparison, drew less current, and lasted longer.

FNG

Enlightened
Ill stick with the stock bulb then, for now. I would go get some NiMh's but I dont have the money right now.