• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ~~SOLD: Mint special extra throw Milkyspit U2by2

cryhavok

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I thought I could afford another light...turns out I can't :broke: Oh well, here is a very special light for sale.

This is U2by2 converted to 4x rebel 100 emitters. This light sports the stock circuitry, so it can utilize the 6 different levels of output by a simple twist of the selector ring. IMO, this is the ultimate light. Extremely well built, insane output, excellent runtime (1.5hrs on high, 40+ hours on low), beautiful beam.

The output ranges from very low (perfect for walking around the house late at night) to an insanely bright level(500 lumens). Most of the U2by2 builds use McR10s, which are a pretty shallow reflector, resulting in a very floody beam. This light uses McR12, which are 2x as deep as the McR10s, providing a lot more throw. That said, this light still has a very bright and useable spill. The beams converge perfectly into a large, bright hotspot. The emitters are perfectly centered in the reflectors. The tint of the rebels is on the warmer side, excellent for color rendition.

The light is in absolute mint condition and looks great. No annodizing flaws (looks fully black...I've noticed some look kind of purple, but could due to the photography). The light uses either 1x18650 or 2xprimaries. Both batteries fit easily in the tube. The Milkyspit sicker was removed, but we can probably get another one if you prefer. I will include 2 new surefire 123 cells with the light.

IMG_0006-2.jpg

IMG_0008-2.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Here are a few beamshots to demonstrate how spectacular the beam is:

Here is the light compared to a P1D Q5 on Maximum output (U2by2 on left, P1D on right.
IMG_0014-1.jpg

Notice you can't even see the spill of the P1D

same shot -2 eV
IMG_0015-1.jpg

And to demonstrate just how low the low is:
IMG_0016.jpg

U2by2 on left, P1D Q5 on right, both lights on low :duh2:

Price is set at $600 shipped. Paypal preferred, but other forms of payment can be negotiated. +3% if using CC with Paypal. Shipping will be by USPS Priority (2-3days for delivery in US) with delivery confirmation. Insurance in US for $600 will be $8 extra. International buyers welcome at no additional shipping charge. First "I'll take it" gets it. SOLD

Thanks!

Last edited:

openbolt1

Enlightened
Re: ~~FS: Mint special extra throw Milkyspit U2by2

Geez, great light! I wish I could afford it. Sounds like a light one could use for a lifetime...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

I want it but I don't have the money currently.

If only I could buy a MO with my Credit Card!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM returned!

I see a new light in my future.
Congrats! That is one Hell of a light!

Another milkyspit masterpiece. Scott, you've come a long way, man! :)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

:takeit:
Got to make it proper and all......

Will do the rest from home base in AM.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats! That is one Hell of a light!

Another milkyspit masterpiece. Scott, you've come a long way, man! :)

Many thanks, Jim. The U2by2 builds have taken a LOT of development to get right... and I'm still not convinced they can't be improved further! I'm just glad some folks are finding them useful. :eek: