Help Choosing P60 Drop in: High Power Flood

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Folks, please help. I've scanned throught the P60 drop in thread but still need help. I have two Z2 combatlights, which have P60Ls, and have aftermarket bezels with sharp defensive crenelations which can be unscrewed from the bezel. Can't remember where I got them, but their lenses do not seem to be glass.

I use these Z2s for the ocassional low light pistol match, and I carry one in a Comp-Tac bezel down belt carrier under a "shoot me first" vest when going out for awhile at night.

I would like a high lumen, floody drop-in for these lights--think L4. I'm not that concerned about run time. I'm looking for wow factor and to completely light a room when I hit the switch.

What do you recommend? Thanks....Jeff.

dougie

Enlightened
I too, will also recommend the Malkoff drop-ins which are top notch and will easily provide you with the wow factor you crave. The M60F is a great room lighter and should serve your purposes well. Alternatively if you don't mind using a Surefire FM beam diffuser you could buy a M60 for your light and have the option of throw or flood whenever you choose?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Thanks crescendo and dougie. I would consider the diffuser, but since I will carry the lights bezel down in a fitted kydex holster I don't think it would work.

I've just hit Malkoff's sight and left them a voicemail. Does anyone know if the M60LF (low flood 140 lumens versus 225 of the M60F) will seem alot brighter than the P60L. Maybe I want a little less light and more runtime? Is the M60F noticeably brighter than the LF?

Thanks...Jeff.

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Jeff:

I have the M60F and the M60LF. The M60F puts out noticeably more light than the LF. The M60F really lights up the room, but if I were actually USING the light indoors, the LF would be more practical and has an excellent runtime to boot. For anything up close, the M60F would be too bright in my opinion.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Jeff:

I have the M60F and the M60LF. The M60F puts out noticeably more light than the LF. The M60F really lights up the room, but if I were actually USING the light indoors, the LF would be more practical and has an excellent runtime to boot. For anything up close, the M60F would be too bright in my opinion.

Hmm. More to think about. Thanks. Crap. I would like the longer runtime. But I talked with Gene Malkoff just now, and he thinks there is a big diff between the F and LF, particularly beyond a few feet outdoors. He actually sold me on the M60, since he said it has more spill than a P60L, which is tight. So, I'm going to order an M60 and M60F to have one of each. He actually said I can try them both, and return one for swap if I liked!

Thanks for the help....Jeff.

Niconical

Enlightened
When I saw the title of this thread, with the words "drop-in, high power, flood", I knew there would only be the same answer listed various times.

M60F, M60LF, or even 'just' the M60.

Either way, you'll be happy :)

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
I have a M60LF installed in a 6P. With the beam pointed at the ceiling, it is very easy to read a book at the other end of the room which measures 21x23. This is my first M60 and I am very happy with it. You can't go wrong with Malkoff.