Threadsize on D-size head?

Scattergun

Enlightened
I am trying to make extra headlights for my car, by using D-size Mag-heads and a custom heatsink. But in order for this to work, I need to know the thread-size of the Mag D-head where it connects to the body.

Anyone who knows ?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless these lights are for offroad use, they are illegal and unsafe for other drivers.

Mag heads are a poor choice, there are better ways to make auto lights. They are too small and too expensive to hold enough emitters to get a sufficient amount of light out.

You will not find a tap or die the size of those threads.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless these lights are for offroad use, they are illegal and unsafe for other drivers.

Mag heads are a poor choice, there are better ways to make auto lights. They are too small and too expensive to hold enough emitters to get a sufficient amount of light out.

You will not find a tap or die the size of those threads.

Well that all depends on IF it is for on road use and where. Different country's have different laws. and I dont see how it could be unsafe for other drivers if set up correctly.
But either way it doesnt answer the question does it :poke: :crackup:
And I quite like to know so I could get a new bezel turned up on a lathe. No Tap or Die required.
Id also like to know the tail cap thread size.

Scattergun

Enlightened
@LukeA
In Sweden it is not illegal, here we often drive around with 200-300 Watts of xenon extralights on top of the usual 2x55 Watts in the normal car headlight. I plan on making four of these heads with a P7 USXOI in each, so I guess there will be some light coming out...

@Energie
I saw that thread and I wanted to know if there was a metric or other type of designation for this threadsize. If there isn´t I guess those measurements have to work.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
@LukeA
In Sweden it is not illegal, here we often drive around with 200-300 Watts of xenon extralights on top of the usual 2x55 Watts in the normal car headlight. I plan on making four of these heads with a P7 USXOI in each, so I guess there will be some light coming out...

How does that not blind oncoming drivers?

Since Sweden was the first en Europe to mandate daytime running lights in 1977 (first int he world?) and as a country seem to be very conscious of such things, I find it hard to believe that there would be no law concerning low beam headlight patterns.

Not illegal here to put a bunch of off-road style lights on your truck either.. but it would be illegal to use them as normal headlights driving around town.

Last edited: