What is Cree Q5 & Q2?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forget the exact order of current leds, but Q5 is definitely brighter than q2

HKJ

Flashaholic
What is Cree Q5 & Q2?

which one is more powerful?
I am trying to select the rigt dereelight but I am confused with Q5 & Q2 acronym

http://www.dereelight.com/pills.htm

In the Cree ranking the Q5 is better than the Q2, when using the same current. But lower color temperature leds, has lower output due to the eyes sensitivity*.

*Lumens are definied according to the eyes sensitivity, a high output UV/IR light will be 0 lumens, because the eye can not see it. The eye is not good at seeing red colors, then means that any led with a high contents of red in its output will have a lower lumen rating, than blue or green output.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Cree ranking the Q5 is better than the Q2, when using the same current. But lower color temperature leds, has lower output due to the eyes sensitivity*.

*Lumens are definied according to the eyes sensitivity, a high output UV/IR light will be 0 lumens, because the eye can not see it. The eye is not good at seeing red colors, then means that any led with a high contents of red in its output will have a lower lumen rating, than blue or green output.

thanks for your tips.:thumbsup:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Their Q2 bin is 5A tint, which is warm white. Their Q5 is the typical cool white, probably something like a WC tint

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's all taken into account when the LEDs are binned. The very cool or very warm ones are more likely to end up in lower bins, while the higher bins are more commonly neutral to greenish. This has much to do with the eye's sensitivity.

HKJ

Flashaholic
That's all taken into account when the LEDs are binned. The very cool or very warm ones are more likely to end up in lower bins, while the higher bins are more commonly neutral to greenish. This has much to do with the eye's sensitivity.

That was exactly my point, a warm color led can have as much (or more) light output that a cool white, but due to the eyes sensitivity, it is visual lower output (lower lumens).