Just got my E20!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some initial impressions:
-The focusable head is awesome! the beam pattern looks so good on flood and on throw.
-I have not seen anyone mention this before, but the head can come completely off, just like a maglite, and gives you a candle mode(although it doesn't tailstand which is kinda dumb)
-2 things that bother me the tiniest bit. If u shake it the batteries rattle. Also, the tail cap when fully screwed on, leaves a tiny little gap still revealed, you can see this if you look closely at pictures of the light on their website.
-the button is a little tough to press, but almost in a good way, and the threads a bit tight, probably need to lube it.(what kind of lube should i buy?)
-another interesting thing is that if you remove the head there is more rubber around the led which is not visible when the head is on due to the reflector, it also comes with what i think is replacement rubber for this.
-I havent gotten a good chance yet to compare output yet, but it seems a little brighter than my p4 rc-n3
-Overall, I am super happy with this light, even though i haven't even gotten to use it at night yet.

EDIT: I think it might be able to tailstand and i need to just remove the rubber tailcap, although Im not really sure.
I also screwed the tailcap off and on again, and now its not rattling, so I guess that was just me.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love some pic`s showing the focusing ability...I have been critical of this light...but...the focusing...might change my thoughts.:poke:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i think being able to take off the head is a big plus, cuz i loved my led mag because of that, no other light i had could do that, so time to replace the led mag light!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try and take some pics but I dont really know how to photogrpah high intensity light properly, maybe someone could link me to a tutorial?
Also does anyone know the proper way I would remove the rubber from the tailcap?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
well basicly, u'd need some needle nose pliers or twessers, and there should be two holes on the inside of the cap, i cant explain too well let me look for the links

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
the video didnt show it but I think i see what you mean on the inside of the tailcap, just need to buy some pliers.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
the video didnt show it but I think i see what you mean on the inside of the tailcap, just need to buy some pliers.

Hey Sol-leks...you don`t have tear the light apart for the Pic`s...not for me anyway...just some simple beam shot pic`s would be fine:wave:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha I know, I just want to see if removing the rubber boot would make it tail stand, I dont think it would but Id like to see. I noticed my rc-n3 has similar notches on the inside of the tailcap, so i am going to experiment on that first since its cheaper and all. I am going to try and post some pics, but as I already said if anyone could guide me towards a tutorial on tkaing beamshots it would be much appreciated. I only have a fairly old digital camera tho, so good beamshots might just not be possible for me.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried doing some beam shots and they didn't come out too terribly so here ya go:
focused:
p8150009du3.jpg
p8150016bz4.jpg

Flood:
p8150008ju1.jpg
p8150019wp8.jpg

Head Off:
p8150010wj5.jpg
p8150012ie8.jpg

Assembly:
p8150013gc5.jpg
p8150014st7.jpg
p8150015as1.jpg

enjoy!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking:I got my Fenix E20 about a week ago. This light feels increadable in your hand, also the look is better than expected. Best of all its even brighter than I thought it would be.:D

Now that its dark I feel the need to say a little more about this light. The emitter is a very warm color of white. Its good for me because those nasty blue colors are what kept me away from LEDs before. Someone would say "look how bright this LED is" and I would reply what difference does it make thats not even real light. Not this one though the color doesn't hurt my eyes at all. Also the tail switch feels great nice and stiff but not hard to depress.

Update: Guys I cant say enough good things about this light. So far the only cons are the batteries do have a slight rattle. I use a 2500mah NIMH battery whitch are slightly larger than most AAs I have used before. And still there is a slight rattle if you get at all rough with it. No big deal though. Other thoughts... :thinking: Still I wounder what it would have been like with a Q5? But for a tiny pocket light its very bright. In fact be careful this light is so small and light weight you could definetly forget its in your pocket.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah imagine if this light had a q5 and 2 or 3 modes.....or basically if the l2d had this head and no stupid strobes. Basically, I am just really happy with how the adjustable head performs.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, the focus works way better than I thought! I wonder...anyone know if an L1D head would fit on the body? Thanks for the pics;)

ninjaboigt

Enlightened

hey, yea i got to watch the video this morning, it does show u how to tighten the tail cap assembily, the video is a total of 5:53 go to 2:04 and thats where he'll start to screw the tail cap in, just go the other way! lol and it should come off

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, someone, what is the size of E20 reflector ?

I mean... is it a really big head, or it is just a L2D head, with a focusable device ?

Does their heads have the exactly same size ?

Thanks!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
the diameter of the head is just under an inch, and is smaller than the head of the rc-n3 if that helps at all.